my advice, do nothing, just let it be, its barely noticeable, and anything you can do will ruin the paintjob, the only solution would be to paint all over and fill that bit with some sort of wood paste or whatever, but painting it all isnt worth it, its just a small ding.
I hope you like stickers...
Quote by Rogue Hermit

You're a good man. I was waiting for somebody to step up with the obligatory "I come blood" reference.

Quote by guylee
goddammit. I'm going to bed. You win good sir.

Quote by stratguy335
Haha! You got the joke! You win a cookie.
Try posting in GB&C or asking a very nice mod very nicely to move this thread over to there.
LOOK

Call me Neutral.
Quote by da_
I wonder if you get more out put if you wire a battery to your penis.
Could a professional repair it? I literally just bought it a week ago. It was flawless until today. Funny, i ordered a hardcase a few days ago and its supposed to come in a few hours...
Return it and say it came like that?
Quote by Rogue Hermit

You're a good man. I was waiting for somebody to step up with the obligatory "I come blood" reference.

Quote by guylee

Quote by stratguy335
Quote by Headbanger87
Could a professional repair it? I literally just bought it a week ago. It was flawless until today. Funny, i ordered a hardcase a few days ago and its supposed to come in a few hours...

It isn't impossible, it's just more trouble than it's worth. It's tiny as it is, and once polished and buffed up you'll hardly be able to see it.

It would cost and take time to get it sorted by a proffesional.

Of course, if it's new and under warranty, then perhaps it came with that scratch...

Edit: Oh, I'm ninja'd.

Seems odd that you were sent over here. GB&C are generally very willing to help with this sort of thing.
LOOK

Call me Neutral.
Quote by da_
Last edited by NeutralFan at Jul 27, 2011,
I got it off craigslist and honestly, i didn't expect it to be in the perfect condition it was. The guy i bought it off never used it. i sat on a stand of 4 months. No way i'll get my cash back. What kind of polish could i use to get rid of it?
You can't get rid of the dent with polish, it's now a permanent part of your guitar, unless you feel like refinishing the entire guitar, which would prolly cost more than the guitar is worth.

Just live with it, it sucks I know, but a ding is a ding, it's wood, it's not reversible, and over time you'll forget about it, and not worry about that ding, cause you'll prolly get alot more.
Cant return it then :/

Plan B: Make up a story to tell the babes about how your sweet axe got that battle scar.
Quote by Rogue Hermit

Quote by guylee

Quote by stratguy335
Isn't there some sort of black wood fill that i could buy? i read somewhere else about it.
Super glue will fill it, then you can polish it out, if done with care you´ll never notice there was a ding. I´ve done this quite often, thats what I get paid for.
Just let it be. If you play it enough, dings are inevitable. Small ones like that don't affect anything, and you'll spend so much time trying to fix each one it gets.
What type of polish do you recommend? Will it ruin the paint. The ding isn't on the silverpart(thank god) but rather on the black paint which will be so much easier to match if i have to match it.
That is barely noticeable. You could probably make it look decent with regular garden variety guitar polish.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Quote by Headbanger87
What type of polish do you recommend? Will it ruin the paint. The ding isn't on the silverpart(thank god) but rather on the black paint which will be so much easier to match if i have to match it.

I just meant everyday guitar polish, but apparently that won't work.

LOOK

Call me Neutral.
Quote by da_
Quote by Headbanger87
I just want a brand or type of polish. thats all

Dunlop Formula 65? It's kind of the Slinky of the guitar polish market.
LOOK

Call me Neutral.
Quote by da_
Quote by Headbanger87
I actually posted this on GB&C and i was told this was the correct fourm.

Nahh, you posted in GG&A and reffered here, he's telling you to go to building and construction.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Quote by Headbanger87
So what exactly to do i have do to? can i get a step by step process?

step 1 dispence small amount of polish on guitar

Step 2 use microfiber cloth and rub in a circular motion

Step 3 let dry

Step 4 buff polish off guitar with lint free cloth

Step 5 look at the shine

The ding is there for ever, unless you have the guitar refinished ( you cant just do a spot treatment it will look worse than the ding). That will run you any where from $250ish to $1000's. Just deal with it, a well played guitar will never look perfect no matter what what you do.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Headbanger87
So what exactly to do i have do to? can i get a step by step process?

step 1 dispence small amount of polish on guitar

Step 2 use microfiber cloth and rub in a circular motion

Step 3 let dry

Step 4 buff polish off guitar with lint free cloth

Step 5 look at the shine

The ding is there for ever, unless you have the guitar refinished ( you cant just do a spot treatment it will look worse than the ding). That will run you any where from $250ish to $1000's. Just deal with it, a well played guitar will never look perfect no matter what what you do.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
Mr. Myagi that shit.

Yup. Just like waxing a car.
Quote by SonOfPest
Its the Lydian mode; formed in Eastern Arabia when the Persians invaded England.

Quote by Blind In 1 Ear
try the sexolydian scale.
fill it with glue and put a sticker on it or find and old volume knob and stick that over it! anything.
Life Story.
Kicked ass at Guitar Hero.
Decided To learn Guitar coz I felt like a pro.
Kicked ass at guitar. Learnt Bass.
Now Guitar Hero looks so F***in Gay.
HAHA HA