hello guys I have a question, peavey jsx? or blackstar series one 100?

I play metal, death metal, amon amarth, children of bodom, but also, megadeth, metallica, I'm looking for these tones, or an amp that can get the job done, cleans, would be nice, but they're not a priority thanks!
-Dean Dave mustaine vmnt
-Ibanez Rg550 90'
Jvm410c
IFUCKINLOVEMARTYFRIEDMAN
anyone? please
-Dean Dave mustaine vmnt
-Ibanez Rg550 90'
Jvm410c
IFUCKINLOVEMARTYFRIEDMAN
I own a blackstar s1 100. For my ears there isn't enough low end grunt, but you could easily sort that with an eq pedal. Cleans are alright, nothing special. All in all, its a good amp but doesn't warrant the price it's sold at new.
really? not enough gain? wow that surprises me, so, you cant get the tones im mencionating with your s1?
-Dean Dave mustaine vmnt
-Ibanez Rg550 90'
Jvm410c
IFUCKINLOVEMARTYFRIEDMAN
Jsx out of those two options is my opinion, but the blackstar might work, best way to know is to try both amps out
Last edited by Stryker636 at Jul 27, 2011,
when did I say not enough gain? Pretty sure I made no mention of gain at all.

You can achieve the tones you are looking for quite easily I would imagine, but unless you are getting it for a ridiculous price I would look into a 5150 or something
well that's totally different from what you said first, and yeah you didn't said gain, but that's how it sounded

anyways I think I'll go with the jsx, versatile, and good tones
-Dean Dave mustaine vmnt
-Ibanez Rg550 90'
Jvm410c
IFUCKINLOVEMARTYFRIEDMAN
Quote by ArkanRg
well that's totally different from what you said first, and yeah you didn't said gain, but that's how it sounded

anyways I think I'll go with the jsx, versatile, and good tones

Jargon time!

Low-end grunt refers to the power of the low midrange/upper low end (say between 50-200hz), NOT the amount of gain. The Blackstar is a fairly nice amp and I'm sure you could get a wide range of tones from it. Being built by old Marshall engineers, I would imagine it was designed for fat, beefy mahogany bodied guitars like LPs and such low-end heavy pickups like DiMarzio Super Distortions and Tone Zones.

Regardless, either amp should do the tones you're looking for justice.

Though I'll say simply by the descriptions of the amps given, the Blackstar will give you a nicer CoB tone.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores