What could my band do to improve our live performances?
I'd like to interact with the crowd more but recently there hasn't been anybody at any shows we've been booked on. I was thinking of doing things like during a song one of the members jumps into the crowd with a boogie board or have like 20 beach balls being thrown out. Would this be a good idea?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Here is one of our shows
My Show
My Show 2
My Show 3
for your type of music, i think the best thing is to have a couple of friends start a mosh in the crowd, if the crowd isnt full of deadbeats, they will follow and join the mosh, or they can just move away from the "moshers" and still do nothing... xD
Limit your stage presence to the size of the crowd/ how they are acting

If you have a packed room full of people standing around, throwing beach balls at them will just piss them off

If you have a small crowd going mad, beach balls will seem a bit OTT so just go with it. Some pits, casual crowd surf ect

Only do big stuff if you have a big, energetic crowd or you will look stupid.

Also from your videos you look preatty static when you play, only the frontman looks like he's enjoying it haha run around a bit if you can, have fun! crowds feed off the bands performance, if your stood around looking like you want it to be over then the crowd will follow :/

I like your tunes though!
Thanks guys, I usually move around a lot but I was trying to nail the songs. I did move a lot later in the set but I need to get a feeling for it. I would run around but I only had a 10 foot cord
Quote by Kyleisthename
recently there hasn't been anybody at any shows we've been booked on.

More than anything else, I think your band needs to worry about how to get more people to come out to shows.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Start off on a song more mosh-oriented that you can run around headbanging to. Listening to the opening song right now, it would go down a lot better if you had used it as 2nd or 3rd song. Really solid, but not something you'd start moving to rather than something to keep the groove going in a live setting.
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
We aren't really a band I think you could mosh too. We've been having trouble booking shows because most of the venues cater to br00tz bands and thats all that gets booked there. We are probably going to get rid of the 3rd and 1st song in the near future.

How would we get more people to come to shows?
For the love of god, please don't try audience participation unless you have a fanbase.

And doing stuff like throwing balls at them and running around with a boogie board will just make people think you are weird (in a bad way) and will thus never have the desire to see your band again.
Quote by SumFX
For the love of god, please don't try audience participation unless you have a fanbase.

And doing stuff like throwing balls at them and running around with a boogie board will just make people think you are weird (in a bad way) and will thus never have the desire to see your band again.

+1. Never tell a few people to clap their hands, come on closer, or make any obscene demands of them. You haven't earned anything from them yet.

For now, just jump around a bit, just make sure you are moving, even if you sway back in forth a little bit. Head bang, interact with your band mates on stage.

I would def hold off on the beach balls and boogie boards for right now. If I ever saw someone do that at a show, especially of 10-20 people, i would just laugh and walk away.