Guys, this is my very first New Rig Day! I hope you can all enjoy this with me!

Without further a due, here it is!

Price of a Peavey Windsor: $150
Price of a Bugera 4x12: $200
Price of the orgasmic tones: priceless.

When I went to buy this I already knew what I was looking for: A used, cheap, windsor. Well walking into the Guitar Center in Warwick RI, I found this beuty, looking brand new, sitting on top of a marshall cab. I bought the windsor, but had another conumdrum...what cab? Well I tried the marshall (That was SUPPOSED to be from the 80s...lol) and it sounded shrill and very trebbley, me no rikey.

Then there it was, a buetiful used but brand new looking Bugera Cab. Reading reviews I heard that bugeras were very bassy, but matching the bassy cab with the very trebbley head was a perfect match. They went together like bread and butter. I was I love.

I love the setup and am getting great early Van Halen tones, WITHOUT CRANKING IT TO 12!!!

It has an effects loop, on the front, which is nice, 4 power tubes, 2 preamps, and 1 driver, the driver and preamps are 12ax7s and I belive the power tubes are EL34s.

Also it has some extra knobs besides the normal 3 band eq. It has a presence (higher than trebble) and Resonance (lower than bass) knobs, and then the A/ A/B Knob, for switching this amp from a class A amp (Low power) to a class A/B amp (full power)

This know is really nice for many reasons.

Thanks for reading and sharing in my fun with this baby!
Quote by mcraddict81592
If you need to kill a man with a 9v adapter? I say strangulate. Or swing the heavy end around and aim for the temple, all depends on your style.

FrankenBee Build
Also anyone like the frankenstrat I made .

Custom colors and everything!
Quote by mcraddict81592
If you need to kill a man with a 9v adapter? I say strangulate. Or swing the heavy end around and aim for the temple, all depends on your style.

FrankenBee Build
Congrats.

By the way, the A/AB knob doesn't switch between high and low power, instead it changes the way the amp sounds in regard to the voltage and stuffs inside.

Wait for one of the tech guys to come in and describe what A and AB are...
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Congrats! I also like how you spelled beautiful like 3 different ways.
you're a stone fox
YAY!!! happy new rig day!
nice Strat too!!
Live Rig
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Telecaster
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Patriot

EVH 5153 50w
Jet City 2x12
Custom Board

It is NOT trash metal it is tHrash metal...get it right
You spent more on the cab than the head!

Anyway, glad you're happy with it. HNRD! and good to see a frankenstrat that isn't the usual red, white and black
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
I have a Windsor...and I used to have 2 frankenstrats You planning to mod the Windsor?

HNRD!
Hnrd!
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
very cool setup on a budget. does it get you close to the brown sound as i assume you are a VH fan?
Quote by monwobobbo
very cool setup on a budget. does it get you close to the brown sound as i assume you are a VH fan?

Belive it or not it does get close. I would like to get an eq pedal as well though to shape the sound a little more.

BTW, i know what A/ A/B is, just didn't really know how to describe it XD.

I know an A amp is a single power tube, whereas an A/B amp is 2 or more.

And thanks for the complaments on my frankie, I wanted to try something different and I love it

Currently im not thinking of any mods,

UNLESS Min here wants to do me a solid XD
Quote by mcraddict81592

FrankenBee Build
Last edited by Jarrodthebobo at Jul 27, 2011,
I'd like to know more about that guitar
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

Unfortunatley my mic sounds like crap and my camera sounds like crap XD.

And I don't have a phaser yet so I wont be spot on.

And I'm getting close to the Brown sound, not directily on it, but I'm hoping to do a little more tweaking...any eq settings that have been working for people? The closets I've come is:

Trebble:6 Mids:6 Bass:12 Gain: 9-11 Re:12 Pr:9 and on A/B oviousley.

And guy above me, check my Sig.
Quote by mcraddict81592

FrankenBee Build
Quote by Jarrodthebobo
Belive it or not it does get close. I would like to get an eq pedal as well though to shape the sound a little more.

And thanks for the complaments on my frankie, I wanted to try something different and I love it

Currently im not thinking of any mods,

UNLESS Min here wants to do me a solid XD

Sure about that? Isn't it class "A" amplifier, and the other is class A/B. It has to do with signal amplification. A is the most accurate but wastes energy.

I don't think it has anything to do with how many power tubes are used. I don't know the insides of that amp.
no. thats not it at all.

it has a lot to do with the wiring and the power running through the tubes or something i cant explain. but i do know it has nothing to do with the way tubes are managed.

Generally, in a tube with a switchable class, if you switch to A it will be lower wattage. this does not nessesarily mean lower volume. and yes they sound different and react different.
Quote by ikey_
no. thats not it at all.

it has a lot to do with the wiring and the power running through the tubes or something i cant explain. but i do know it has nothing to do with the way tubes are managed.

Generally, in a tube with a switchable class, if you switch to A it will be lower wattage. this does not nessesarily mean lower volume. and yes they sound different and react different.

Wow i feel stupid.

Who the hell convinced me the class A was one power tube then....
Quote by mcraddict81592

FrankenBee Build
HNRD
Quote by Jarrodthebobo
Wow i feel stupid.

Who the hell convinced me the class A was one power tube then....

don't listen to ikey
Prs se Holcomb is the answer

awesome setup. good get, great price. you'll enjoy the hell outta it.

Quote by ikey_
no. thats not it at all.

this doesn't accurately reflect the reality of the situation. class of operation has everything with 'the way tubes are managed'.

and a single power tube would be class A, cuz it has no other tube partner with for push/pull operation. it'd be a single ended amp by default.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Last edited by gumbilicious at Jul 27, 2011,
Quote by gumbilicious

awesome setup. good get, great price. you'll enjoy the hell outta it.

this doesn't accurately reflect the reality of the situation. class of operation has everything with 'the way tubes are managed'.

and a single power tube would be class A, cuz it has no other tube partner with for push/pull operation. it'd be a single ended amp by default.

So i was right? Jesus christ i am so confused.....

Min, mind explaining
Quote by mcraddict81592

FrankenBee Build
Quote by gregs1020
hey congrats.

Thanks McQueen
Quote by mcraddict81592

FrankenBee Build
you spelled boy wrong in your user title
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

Quote by Jarrodthebobo
Thanks McQueen

you're welcome.

ya know, they make this thing that may make things easier for you....

it's called a guitar strap.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
you're welcome.

ya know, they make this thing that may make things easier for you....

it's called a guitar strap.

It was in a different room
Quote by mcraddict81592

FrankenBee Build
yea at first i was like, wow, i can't even see his strap. what kind is it... heeeeeeeyyyyyy!

I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by Jarrodthebobo

Pretty sure this is still wrong...it has to do with push-pull current, regardless not trying to shit on your parade, just trying to help out.

Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by LaidBack
Pretty sure this is still wrong...it has to do with push-pull current, regardless not trying to shit on your parade, just trying to help out.

well a single ended amp will always be class A.

multiple power tubes can be parallel class A or push pull a/b or whatever.

there's really no way to actually switch between pp class A and push/pull a/b though.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Quote by gregs1020
yea at first i was like, wow, i can't even see his strap. what kind is it... heeeeeeeyyyyyy!

You disapoint me...lol
Quote by mcraddict81592

FrankenBee Build