How do I get slashes winey distortion sound? Like sweet child ph mine. And enter sand man. By metallica?

Sounds like a tube screamer. Ts9. ?

Just making sure I love it
My newest cover Rivers Of Babylon sublime style.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J_E7iWLxmiA

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
80s rock, classic rock, classic metal
Sweet Child Of Mine and Enter Sandman?

Not likely. Slash plays a Gibson Les Paul with medium output Seymour Duncans, straight to a Marshall amp with maybe an eq for boost. Metallica use Emgs & Dual Rectifiers.

It's almost a world apart and no distortion pedal will do either that well, let alone both. A tubescreamer is a good pedal but you should think of it as a tool for getting the best out of a guitar and amp, not for creating a specific tone.
Quote by fly135
Just because one has tone suck it doesn't mean one's tone sucks.
Quote by silly6-string
Slash doesn't have a distortion pedal, but uses his amp's distortion instead?? Ok, so I'm wrong. How would a Seymour Duncan humbucker sound in my hss strat?

*fixed*

it wouldn't sound like a Les Paul, if that's the tone you're trying to nail. what's your amp?
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Cant you use your hd500 to get a "winey distortion sound"?
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food

i have yet to see a thread this dude has made where he doesn't work against himself. this thread will turn into this one

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=27691319#post27691319

as his other threads have before it.

but if TS is looking for a serious answer, then i'd suggest meds. they may help him think more clear.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae