Hey, guys. I just bought a Schecter Damien Elite 8-string electric. I've been wanting to get into the 8-string world for a while, now. I'm a huge fan of artists like Tosin Abasi and Chris Letchford. I just got the guitar today, and I have a few questions:

1.) Sound quality:
a.) The lowest string especially sounds very dull, and the tone doesn't come through well...could this be because of my amp? Or possibly my tuning? (EBEADGBE)
b.) Playing the lower strings up higher on the fretboard still sounds kind of...off. Is this an intonation issue, or do all 8-strings experience this?

2.) Playability:
a.) Obviously, the extra 2 strings take some getting used to, as does the strings being a bit closer together. Any tips on ways to get used to it? Via practice/technique?
b.) I'd appreciate any tips on chords/scales if you guys have them. I've settled on EBEADGBE tuning.

Overall, I'm not an exceptional guitarist by any means to begin with, but I'm finding that this guitar is taking more getting used to than I thought, and I'm really struggling to play decently. =(

Thank you so much for your help and feedback.
I have a question. Why didn't you post this in Guitar, Gear and Accessories? Do it, or you'll get reported. Not by me, but someone else.
Quote by Cracked.com
Then they torched an Apple Store and made a PowerPoint about their experiences.
Last edited by dtmaiden at Jul 28, 2011,
Huh. Complete accident. I must have been in this forum in the wrong tab at the wrong time. My bad.