after being confrotable with finger picking with notes , scales and everthing else, i don get how to fingerpick chords, is there a technique with it or somthing else cause id find it weird how to finger pick a chord tat involves using almost all the strings.
Use your fingers like a pick. Thats how I do it. I also prefer to use all of my fingers since I think it sounds better today. If its a smaller chord you can pluck each individual string with a finger at the same time.
What?! There's a clean channel on my amp?!

Quote by GoodOl'trashbag
omfg i totally forgot about that, you sir are jesus christ.
I usually just hold my index finger like I was holding a pick but just hit to strings with my finger. it works pretty well.
Depends what you mean by fingerpicking chords, do you mean like playing out a pattern over the chord or just hitting a whole chord at once?
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
im not 100% percent sure what your asking, but im no rhytm guitarist so if i use a chord, it will be use once twice at most, so would i jsut slide my thumb across the strings like a pick or actually finger pick them
depends on the effect you want to get, sometimes use the backs of all my fingers, sometimes my thumb, sometimes pluck each note of the chord simultaneously with different fingers, etc.

You do mean strumming an entire chord and not arpeggiating it, right?
im not fimliar with the word arpeggiating but isnt that when you hit the notes of a chord sepertly?

but i what i mean is the entire chord.
Last edited by harvestkingx at Jul 27, 2011,
Quote by harvestkingx
im not 100% percent sure what your asking, but im no rhytm guitarist so if i use a chord, it will be use once twice at most, so would i jsut slide my thumb across the strings like a pick or actually finger pick them

Just strum the chord, don't fingerpick each individual note if you just want the chord to sound as a whole.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
It depends on the chord. If there are muted strings, you can pluck with the thumb + three fingers. If you want a more forceful, percussive sound you can "flick" multiple fingers by starting with a more closed hand and opening it up. And you can also just use the index finger like a pick. I use my thumb when I want to sound the chord more slowly. It all depends on the context and the effect you want to achieve.
I'm not sure what's the question about exactly..

But in fingerpicking a chord, I try to think as pianist and emulate it on guitar
Quote by harvestkingx
im not fimliar with the word arpeggiating but isnt that when you hit the notes of a chord sepertly?

but i what i mean is the entire chord.

Yes, that's it. I recommend you look up "Travis Picking." It is a relatively easy form of fingerpicking that sounds pretty good (imo).