Just wanna make sure all my bases are covered. For techniques. These can cover rock and roll. Classic rock. Punk. Metal. Blues.

Any will help. Like hammer on and pull offs would be one. Thanks a lot. Just trying to bulks my bag of tricks.
My newest cover Rivers Of Babylon sublime style.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J_E7iWLxmiA

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
80s rock, classic rock, classic metal
There's a whole sticky on this, as I just posted in another thread. But a few basic techniques off the top of my head would be:

Bending
Sliding
Palm Muting
Tremolo Picking
Legato Techniques
Sweeping
Tapping
etc. etc.
Where's Waldo?
And then combining them i.e. bending a note and tremolo picking it or tap bending like EVH.
Quote by silly6-string
Just wanna make sure all my bases are covered. For techniques. These can cover rock and roll. Classic rock. Punk. Metal. Blues.

Any will help. Like hammer on and pull offs would be one. Thanks a lot. Just trying to bulks my bag of tricks.

Picking and fretting. Those used alone or in any kind of combination make up every technique I can think of.
Quote by silly6-string

I'm not sure what you're getting at here; techniques aren't linked to genres at all. There is no genre in which you will not find an example of any given technique.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
I'm not sure what you're getting at here; techniques aren't linked to genres at all. There is no genre in which you will not find an example of any given technique.

Though I agree with you, I spent a while trying to think of a counterexample.

Nothing. I can think of instances in which certain techniques would be uncommon, but not where they are never used.
Where's Waldo?