#1
Title says it.. how should I go about doing it without damaging anything? There are fuzzy white spots around my power and standby button I want to try removing as well as some stubborn dust on the edges on my cabinet (they don't just come off with the scrape of a finger). What's the best way to go about cleaning this beautiful thing without causing irreversible damage?
#2
sounds like mold. let me guess, you keep it in a basement?

i like the product simple green. it kills mold and algae and cleans up dirt without a problem. it never damages anything. you can buy the ready mixed stuff in a spray bottle or a gallon of the concentrate at any hardware store or walmart. if it is the concentrate, dilute it for heavy cleaning. spray it or wipe it on so it it pretty wet and let it sit for a minute then wipe it off. wipe it down with a damp cloth after.

of course unplug it first and make sure it is fully dry before powering on. nothing in your amp is so sensitive that a mist of water will ruin it.
#3
Quote by brentonlatour
sounds like mold. let me guess, you keep it in a basement?

i like the product simple green. it kills mold and algae and cleans up dirt without a problem. it never damages anything. you can buy the ready mixed stuff in a spray bottle or a gallon of the concentrate at any hardware store or walmart. if it is the concentrate, dilute it for heavy cleaning. spray it or wipe it on so it it pretty wet and let it sit for a minute then wipe it off. wipe it down with a damp cloth after.

of course unplug it first and make sure it is fully dry before powering on. nothing in your amp is so sensitive that a mist of water will ruin it.

Thanks, sorry for the time it took me to respond.
I actually don't keep it in a basement and I doubt it's mold. It's not exactly a white substance, but more of a smudge around the power button and stand by button (for example if you ran your fingers across your computer monitor); just a bit harder than normal to remove since its been there for so long. Also, there is just some stubborn dust on the bottom of the 4x12 cab that I can't seem to remove without some water of some sort but I'm afraid I'm going to do something stupid so I came here to ask for some precautions.

If anyone else has something to say I'd love to hear it.
Thanks.