Okay guys its me again.

I have 2 active guitars currently, a ltd esp f-50 with ernie ball 9s and my frankenstrat with normal dadario 10s.

The frankie has a fender tremolo BTW.

Now here is the problem, my frankie has very high string tension, the action and truss rod is correct but it is just very "weird" to play. However my ESPs strings are pressed down easily and feels much better, is it because i have 9s? Is there anything I can do to fix my frankie?

Thanks!

-Jarrod
Quote by mcraddict81592
If you need to kill a man with a 9v adapter? I say strangulate. Or swing the heavy end around and aim for the temple, all depends on your style.

FrankenBee Build
Quote by moses132049
its probably because dadario are pigshit

I thought the were good XD.

Thanks for that, ill replace them next time im at Guitar Center, and string suggestions for a van halen esque stufF?
Quote by mcraddict81592
If you need to kill a man with a 9v adapter? I say strangulate. Or swing the heavy end around and aim for the temple, all depends on your style.

FrankenBee Build
You've answered your own question. Thicker strings at an equivalent tuning = more tension. D'Addario are perfectly fine strings. I've heard that the way Ernie Ball strings are constructed gives them less tension, hence the 'slinky' moniker, but I think that only applies to the wound strings...
Ibanez RG2228 w/ EMG808Xs | Line 6 POD HD500 | Mackie HD1221
Yes, it's because the strings are higher gauge (D'addarios are great).

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
I don't really understand what you are trying to say here. Do you mean that the action on the strat is too high? Then you can adjust the action at the bridge with the string saddles.

As far as tension is concerned, the switch from 9-42 to 10-46 isn't that big of a difference in tension. I doubt you will have to make any truss rod adjustments with those gauges. Now if you where going to 10-52 that would be a different story.

Maybe the 10's are just too much tension for you? The more you play on thicker strings, the faster you will get more muscle strength in you fingers.

I started out playing 9-42, then 9-46 and now I'm on 10-46 and seriously thinking of going to 11's because the lighter strings just feel so small and loose, once you get that strength in your fingers, tension won't really be a problem.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.