Eventually I would like to get a 7 string guitar, seeing how the tuning is incredibly low, I have heard a bass amp would be the best. I'm thinking a custom amp may be the way to go so I can put tweeters in to get the highs. However, I would much rather fork over a few hundred bucks and get a professionally made one. Does anyone one have experience with 7 string amps? Or would my Bugera 333 handle it just fine?
Quote by behind_you
Ostrich thread would've been much better.

Quote by JustRooster
Alright, alright. Whatever. Here's what I'll do. I'm an evolutionary biology major. When I graduate I'll give her all my text books for your birthday. And I won't even get her pregnant.
Your 333 should be just fine.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Your Bugera will handle it just fine.

Edit: Wow double ninja'd... I just got owned
Last edited by nickdohle at Jul 27, 2011,
B on a 7 string guitar ain't that low , you'll be plenty alright with your actual 333
- - - - - - - - - - -
What fucking idiot told you that you need a bass amp for a 7 string guitar?

Just keep using the amp you have now.
ive never heard of an amp specifically for 7 strings.. speakers and pickups would be of bigger concern than an amp.

i know korn uses mesa boogies, vai uses carvins, dino from fear factory uses a marshall i believe and he plays an 8 string. most guitar amps will work fine with 7 strings.

Edit: i say most because im assuming youll be playing metal, and not all amps work for metal/might not sound good with your pickups ect...
Last edited by SGRocker400 at Jul 27, 2011,
A bass amp for a seven string? Sorry bud but that will sound terrible, i play my 6 string on a dual rec in drop A#, which is equivalent to a drop tuned seven string but half a step up, and it sounds great so i really doubt your going to have any problem's with the 333. There isn't really such thing as a 7 string amp, bogner uberschall's are known for taking 7 string's very well. Any high gain modern amp will sound good with a seven string (assuming your using it for metal). But as everyone else has said the 333 will handle a seven string just fine.
Last edited by maowcat at Jul 27, 2011,
It's mostly your pick-ups and the amount of low-mids that your amp and pick-ups put out that'll make or break if your low B'll sound good or not, so I'd be more concerned with the overall tone of your amplifier. A Bugera333 should indeed diddy-do it, though.

I myself actually use a Hartke B300 Bass-amp with a pedal in front, and it sounds pretty shweet despite the sort of 'crap' quality of the amp because it's a bass amp and of course pushes some different frequencies.
Eventually I'll probably go and try something like a guitarhead into a bass-cab. Just to see what that sounds like :p
Then I shall insert my erect penis into the narrow vaginal cavity of my blood-relative whom I predate by approximately 5 years.