What is your opinion on buying used amplifiers? Would you do it? Even when the seller said it was barely used, or not used at all? I need a better amp and this is a pretty cheap way to get a decent one. Thank you for any advice you give!
total crap shoot even more so than a guitar. just because someone says very few hours on it etc doesn't mean its true. often you get amps used that have tubes on their last leg. tough to check for speaker damage etc as well. make sure there is a really good return policy.

personally i won'tbuy guitars or amps that i haven't played.
I've gotten all of my amps online. 1 from ebay and the other 3 from online message boards, ranging in price from $1200-1800. You have to know who's reputable and only do transactions with them.
If you go with Ebay make sure they have atleast a 95% sellers rating and have had a good deal of successful sales
I was looking for v3s and check this out

I am not accepting returns for this item, due to my upcoming travel to New Zealand.

This is a new eBay account with no sales record, as this is the first item I've thought necessary to list. I have had no past accounts or any bad record to overwrite.

This thing reeks of scam.
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

^$950 is too much anyway. I don't care if theres free shipping, that amp and cab arent worth it used at that price.
Quote by rokket2005
^$950 is too much anyway. I don't care if theres free shipping, that amp and cab arent worth it used at that price.

It doesn't have t3h LeDs either
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

He should keep the amp. Guitars tend to sound lousy plugged into sheep.
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.
Quote by Slap-happy
He should keep the amp. Guitars tend to sound lousy plugged into sheep.

wait wut???
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

New Zealand....

How does a New Zealander find a sheep in long grass?

Irresistible.
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.
I would try and buy from GC used. Your getting it from a good dealer and everything. I don't think I would do an amp from Ebay though. Classifieds yes, Ebay no.
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
So, is buying used from Guitar Center the best idea? By the way, thanks for the help everybody!