Hello my instrument playing brothers! I'm hoping to get some advice on picking a good amp for playing death metal. Forgive my lack of knowledge about the topic. The sound I'm aiming for is a lot like cannibal corpse. I have a line 6 spider 3 120 watt as of now, but the problem is when I get it as distorted as I like it's almost muddy sounding and has a lot of extra noise going on. I'd just like a nice heavy tone with a lot of distortion, while retaining a sharper cleaner sound if you will. I don't believe the issue is the guitar either, as I'm using a jackson rr3 with duncans in it. I've got a budget of about $700, but I might be able to squeeze a little more if I absolutely had too. Thanks for any words of wisdom you can offer!
All I can say is, Peavey kicks, ****ing ass!
So yeah, do ehhhtt
ESP LTD MH-53

(Soon to get) Peavey Bandit 112

Digitech: RP 55
80% of these responses will say Peavey 6505+ 112 Combo so i may as well be the first.
Conversely i've seen triple recs for that much but i dont think you'll be able to find a cab for it on that budget
Last edited by ticktockboom at Jul 27, 2011,
a modified peavey windsor.

Look up the Brutus mod by FJA, its positively orgasmic for what you want to play.

The brutus mod is 150 bucks, you can get a windsor used for around 200 bucks, and can get a used marshall 1960 cabinet for around 300-400 bucks, which will be around 750 bucks at the highest.

Or you can get a cheaper cab.
Quote by mcraddict81592
If you need to kill a man with a 9v adapter? I say strangulate. Or swing the heavy end around and aim for the temple, all depends on your style.

FrankenBee Build
A used JCM900 combo or Rectoverb combo would be good; the Rectoverb would be more expensive though. You might have to either find a lucky deal or stretch your budget a tad.