so my cousin called me up and offered to sell me one of his 2 guitars. I declined as I really didn't need one, but offered to purchase his amp off of him. his gear just kinda kicks around in his closet all unloved and neglected, so I never really got a good look at his amp, but I knew it was tube and vintage. he took the deal and I got a new tube amp for under 100 usd.

this is what I got: a gibson br 9. these are old (like '59 old) lapsteel amps. 10 watts, made in kalamazoo michigain, has an 8 inch jensen speaker (made in chicago). the one in the picture isn't mine, I don't have a camera on hand, but mine is pretty beat up and was spray painted black at some point. a lot of the black paint is worn off on the top (footrest). the thing has mojo for days.

The tone of this thing is awesome, has that good old overdrive when cranked and cleans up very well with the guitars volume knob. its a super simple amp with a single volume control and 2 imputs. no gain knob, no tone stack, no nothing. bare bones vintage goodness. paired up with my small collection of 60s japaneese guitars (kay, teisco, etc) I can get some sweet sweet old school sounds.

clips coming...
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/the_perdestrian/music/all/play1028170 clip here. excuse the sloppy playing. and I wanted to play some blues for you guys, but my hands went all retarted. riff amnesia and all that, pus I kinda suck anyway.
no sir away a papaya war is on
Last edited by the_perdestrian at Jul 28, 2011,
sweet
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

thats pretty cool.

Although I recomend giving it to me, youll like it even better XD
Quote by mcraddict81592
If you need to kill a man with a 9v adapter? I say strangulate. Or swing the heavy end around and aim for the temple, all depends on your style.

FrankenBee Build
the best things are made in chicago.

I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
BTW I was first

I hope you guys know that
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

Quote by OliOsbourne
BTW I was first

I hope you guys know that

You were, are you sure? *cocks revolver*
Quote by mcraddict81592
If you need to kill a man with a 9v adapter? I say strangulate. Or swing the heavy end around and aim for the temple, all depends on your style.

FrankenBee Build
It's a thing of beauty! Wish my '55 Silvertone looked that good.
Money beats soul every time.

Money beats soul...every time.

Money...beats soul...every...goddamn...time.
Quote by AeolianSeventh
It's a thing of beauty! Wish my '55 Silvertone looked that good.

i want a silvertone. and thats not my amp in the pic, its a google photo. mine looks like that one if someone spray painted it black and then rocked it for 40-50 years.
no sir away a papaya war is on
Quote by Jarrodthebobo
You were, are you sure? *cocks revolver*

Yes I'm sure *gives money*
HILT!

Where's Waldo?