Page 1 of 2
UPDATE 8/12:
I had originally scheduled to go to California on vacation from the 13-20th of August. However, they're doing the project the way I want to so it's a little more complicated. I could've accepted to go to the studio this week and get a terrible autotuned pop song that isn't my style that they'd have in store, but they actually agreed to have me use one of my own songs and own beat and not use autotune and they will make it modern rock. This wasn't planned out enough to have that happen this week so I'm going to Los Angeles again to have it done.

Alright so I sent one of my songs to ARK Music Factory and they just got back to me. They sent me an application to apply for a music video. Tomorrow I have to call them back to confirm it, to which I will be given an audition in front of Patrice Wilson. (The guy that wrote Friday and was the random creepy rapper)

Before you ask me if I'm planning on making a shitty music video with autotune, I'm going to tell them not to auto-tune it, because it's not necessary and it's not going to sound good. I also want to hear the song before I make any decision.

Anyway, I've also sent demos to a bunch of other record labels. I don't expect to hear back from any of them, but this ARK thing is a sure thing. I don't expect to become the next Rebecca Black, nor do I really want to because she's more infamous than famous. (Ignore the user title)

I guess what I'm asking is, should I take the opportunity? I'd get a photoshoot and they'll sign me to their label as well as sending my name and profile to other labels that they're affiliated with.

What would you do?
Last edited by Twist of fate at Aug 12, 2011,
I wish you the best of luck. This could be an interesting social experiment.

Still, unless you happen to be a tween girl, they probably wont want to have anything to do with you.
Quote by MakinLattes
I'd kill you and wear your skin.
Quote by Siv During Livh
To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea,

Voted UG's worst cross dresser.
Also voted #95 on UG's Top 100 2013. Like it means anything....
Quote by muffinduck01
I wish you the best of luck. This could be an interesting social experiment.

Still, unless you happen to be a tween girl, they probably wont want to have anything to do with you.

Hopefully they try to make their 18 year old guys into the next John Mayer. That guy could get 100 girls a night even if he wasn't famous.
Patrice Wilson? But he's a dude? Haven't his parents heard of the name "Patrick"?

Oh and don't count on having much creative control.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
we need to get Fassa an ARK Music Factory song.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Good luck bro. Remember the pit when you get all like famous and stuff
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
Quote by rgrockr
Patrice Wilson? But he's a dude? Haven't his parents heard of the name "Patrick"?

Patrice isn't a feminine name. Patrice is often given to women but not always. Most famous Patrices are men. I think it is popular where french is spoken or had been spoken.
Quote by Twist of fate
Before you ask me if I'm planning on making a shitty music video with autotune, I'm going to tell them not to auto-tune it, because it's not necessary and it's not going to sound good. I also want to hear the song before I make any decision.

I guarantee they're going to auto-tune it anyway.
Quote by Alex Vik
I guarantee they're going to auto-tune it anyway.

Then I'll be a troll. At least I have experience from a forum on what trolling is. I'll tell interviewers I love my song and I love the positive feedback it gets, even if it's worse than Friday.

I will take over the world this way.
I support you, Twist of Fate.
Hey look, a stoner/doom album.

GENERATION 27: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

E-father of TheSPillow/Sam
E-brothers with Entity0009
Can your video have One Piece characters in it?

Please?

I'll buy you a hooker if you do. >.>
You belong in a museum.

Do you Enjoy Forza, and wish to be in an in game Club?! Look no further! Please, join.. there is no one else!
Quote by JustRooster
You have my blessing... and my axe.

...and my sword!
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by Sinister Waffle
Can your video have One Piece characters in it?

Please?

I'll buy you a hooker if you do. >.>

Another One Piece fan?
If your song involves days of the week in any form, I will hunt you down.

That being said, I'd like to hear a song about pirates and jelly beans.
Do it. Do it now!

Now!
--- You know I can't have your ghost chips ---
Even if you fail just play it off like you meant the whole thing ironically.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
and my bow!

(was going to write staff as I am the great GandalfWh1te but it sounded abit gay)
You should totally autotune it though. And good luck.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
to me, its like those rich meh looking girls who pay to be models

whatever you want to do man, its your music and your decisions
Quote by piratemetalhead
to me, its like those rich meh looking girls who pay to be models

whatever you want to do man, its your music and your decisions

I AM MEH LOOKING!

Quote by blitzbeast
If your song involves days of the week in any form, I will hunt you down.

That being said, I'd like to hear a song about pirates and jelly beans.
Do it. Do it now!

Now!

How did you know I like writing about Jelly Beans?

Quote by ErikLensherr
Even if you fail just play it off like you meant the whole thing ironically.

Duhhh I'm a hipster. I have a tattoo of a scalene triangle. See equilateral's just not chaotic enough for my tastes, and isosceles is too mainstream.
Last edited by Twist of fate at Jul 28, 2011,
.. The rapper wrote that song?
I only liked his part.

Anywho congrats on getting a chance at your own music video man.
Catch the Dragon
Quote by hriday_hazarika
This thread is as terrible as music, which sucks balls.
Quote by Twist of fate

You do know that every song with auto-tune in it doesn't sound like Rebecca Black and Ke$ha right? If used subtly it can make your songs sound more "perfect" in some cases
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by Twist of fate
I certainly hope so.

You'd probably be surprised that some of your favorite bands used auto-tune in the studio.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Write a necrophiliac death metal song, I guarantee you will get noticed.

But sing it like a teen pop song.
you're a stone fox
Are you doing this... in a serious way?

Because me and a group of friends were seriously considering saving up and paying for our fat punk mate to go over and record a teen pop tune.

Also, what sort of music do you play?

Bear in mind that The Ark is quite possibly the worst side of the music industry. There is literally no musical or creative integrity, it's all about taking money from people and streaming out piles of synthesized and auto-tuned dog vomit.
If you've seen their youtube page you'll know exactly what I mean.
Quote by Casketcreep
Are you doing this... in a serious way?

Because me and a group of friends were seriously considering saving up and paying for our fat punk mate to go over and record a teen pop tune.

Also, what sort of music do you play?

Bear in mind that The Ark is quite possibly the worst side of the music industry. There is literally no musical or creative integrity, it's all about taking money from people and streaming out piles of synthesized and auto-tuned dog vomit.
If you've seen their youtube page you'll know exactly what I mean.

Yes I am, and I'd say go for it if you're willing to spend the money. I play acoustic. My youtube channel is Am221 if you wanna check that out.

As for the guy that said death metal sung like teen pop: I just pictured "Follow the Reaper" by Bodom sung in Rebecca's voice
Quote by Twist of fate

Anyway, I've also sent demos to a bunch of other record labels. I don't expect to hear back from any of them...

What would you do?

In that case, good luck.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
Quote by Twist of fate
Yes I am, and I'd say go for it if you're willing to spend the money. I play acoustic. My youtube channel is Am221 if you wanna check that out.

As for the guy that said death metal sung like teen pop: I just pictured "Follow the Reaper" by Bodom sung in Rebecca's voice

How 'bout Consecration by Angel Corpse?
you're a stone fox
^ I was going for Hammer Smashed Face

Quote by Morphogenesis26
When do you go to your audition? O_O

They do a filter audition over the phone, I'll have to sing for Patrice Wilson (The guy that wrote Friday and was the rapper)

After that, I told them I'm going to California August 13th-20th so we'll probably talk in person about going further with this.
Oh Twist of Fat, oh you.

Best of luck, man. Looking forward to seeing the end result.
mais mon cerveaux sait mieux.

last.fm

e-married to RevaM1ssP1ss & spanishyanez.
and e-child of Kensai.
Would this be something you have to pay them a lot of money to do?
The future is no place to place your better days
You do realize they're going to change your music to how they think it should sound, right? It's not like you'll have total creative control and they just sponsor and distribute your music; they're going to want to market you a certain way and you can do jack shit about it.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
^ Ohh yeahh, I don't even think I'm gonna have them use my music

Quote by flecktowned
Would this be something you have to pay them a lot of money to do?

It's not too much, worth it for what I'm getting out of it. It's less than $7,000 but more than $2,000

I refuse to discuss financial business without a lawyer present.
Quote by Twist of fate
^ Ohh yeahh, I don't even think I'm gonna have them use my music

It's not too much, worth it for what I'm getting out of it. It's less than $7,000 but more than $2,000

I refuse to discuss financial business without a lawyer present.

Holy shit. That's a lot of money to lay out. Only one of the people on ARK have got 'famous' and even then it's not really famous. I think you should talk to your friends before doing anything or your parents or whatever. Good luck anyway
Quote by rgrockr

Patrice is the French form of Patrick, I'm pretty sure.
Page 1 of 2