I am looking for some songs that will hep me learn slide. preferably in e standard, but not absolutely necessary. blues, rock and blues/rock. easier stuff please.
no sir away a papaya war is on
Try some songs by Joe Bonamassa a lot of his music has slide guitar and most of it is in E standard try Mumbling Word for an example. Also Jack White is known to use a fair bit of slide to can't think of the names of the songs off hand but just have a look on the net.
Quote by ibanart300
Try some songs by Joe Bonamassa a lot of his music has slide guitar and most of it is in E standard try Mumbling Word for an example. Also Jack White is known to use a fair bit of slide to can't think of the names of the songs off hand but just have a look on the net.

Seven Nation Army...

And Joe Bonamassa is good, if you don't mind tuning down a hell of a lot, or just playing it in standard tuning, the Ballad of John Henry, which is an awesome song, has a cool slide solo thing.
Where's Waldo?
Just on what chadreed32 said - a lot of songs use open tunings for more effect. Don't be afraid to try these tunings because quite often you don't need to tune every string just say one or two. If you want the best slide songs go back all the way back to people like Robert Johnson, Son House, Charlie Patton and Blind Willie McTell and some of the other early blues.
Quote by ibanart300
Just on what chadreed32 said - a lot of songs use open tunings for more effect. Don't be afraid to try these tunings because quite often you don't need to tune every string just say one or two.

Well, The Ballad of John Henry is is C standard I believe, so he could just play it in E if he doesn't care enough to tune.

Try tuning to Open G, its really fun and good for slide

DGDGBD, I believe.
Where's Waldo?
High hopes - Comfortably Numb

awesome slide solo at the end
Gear
- Synyster Schecter Standard
- Peavey Vyper 15

I'm currently using Cubase 5 for any recording purposes.