Ok, so I finally feel like asking about this.

In the song Bamboo by Joe Satriani, at about 3 minutes in (I think 3 min, 2 sec) this weird sounding guitar comes in. To me it either sounds like the track is reversed, meaning that is the solo he played backwards, or hes using some kind of weird effect and using the bar and whatnot.

Its really cool though, would like to know what he did, its just bothering me because I can't figure it out.
Where's Waldo?
sounds like the guitar track is being played in reverse almost

EDIT: wow that was kinda redundant, i didnt even see u said that, i just saw a Joe satriani link and immediately clicked on it.
Last edited by ampoverload at Jul 28, 2011,
Quote by ampoverload
sounds like the guitar track is being played in reverse almost

'Tis as I suspected!

I don't know what that smiley is doing there...
Where's Waldo?
im pretty sure thats what it is, cause i think i hear the pick attack always coming at the end
Yeah and its got that fade in thing, but it kind of shaky, if you know what I mean.
Where's Waldo?
In Tool's cover of No Quarter I think the guitarist uses the same effect on one riff.
BEWARE THE BANANA ARMY.

I SAY, I SAY, BEWARE THE BANANA ARMY.

They say when they finally attack, all the impostors will peel themselves. In order to tell if you have been assimilated, check for a zipper somewhere near your pelvis.

are you sure it's not the lizard down the throat thing satch does a lot?

I mean it might just be reversed, of course. but that's one of satch's signature tricks, and the "note attack" you're hearing might just be the note jumping out after the bar's been released.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
are you sure it's not the lizard down the throat thing satch does a lot?

I mean it might just be reversed, of course. but that's one of satch's signature tricks, and the "note attack" you're hearing might just be the note jumping out after the bar's been released.

I don't think anybody can do it that fast and that many times, though he is Satch, so he probably could.
Where's Waldo?
that'd be my thinking too

or it might even just be a slide with the bar depressed at the start of it

Edit: oh hang on a minute, do you mean the whole solo? i was just referring to the sound effect at exactly 3:02

i'll listen again

edit #2: yeah there's some reverse stuff going on there... whether the whole thing is reversed or just the delay, i dunno.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Jul 28, 2011,
Yeah, I wonder how he plays that live

And because I don't think this deserves another thread, and google wont give me too much info on this, does anybody know when the next G3 is?
Where's Waldo?
yeah i've never messed with ring mods but they are meant to be sorta crazy
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?