Page 1 of 2
I am in a small band and we have a gig tomorrow which i do not want to go like our last one, where we just stood still looking at eachother knowig it was going badly.
I am not a regualar performer so I'm not really used to letting myself go on stage. Are there any tips you guys have to performing without letting your playing get messy?

P.s. Sorry if this is the wrong forum, i could think which one to put it in.
do your best to relax. dont forget you're there because this shit is fun. any time the band isn't having fun the people wont either. music provokes emotion right, sad music when you're sad or going ape shit to something driving 120mph on the highway to born to be wild. your mood is gonna do the same to the audience. and no matter what never skip a practice and keep booking gigs or you'll never get comfortable.
Do your thing, do whatever you want on stage, just do something.

Try not looking at the audience, face back stage. It may be odd, but you'll loosen up. Turn around when you're ready to funk it up.
Last edited by J. Bannon at Aug 1, 2011,
lol @ username^
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by J. Bannon
Ask me if I care.

Oh man, you're so cool and indifferent!
I'm an asshole.
Quote by J. Bannon
Ask me if I care.

http://www.jacobbannon.com/
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Did this guy really just call Jacob Bannon a douche?
last.fm
Quote by rockhard182
*opens happytimeharrys head* *finds nothing*

what a ripoff

Member #18 of the "Claudio Sanchez is God" Club. PM stepco12345 to join!
You don't know who Jacob Bannon is though. You seem like you're trying to start an argument for no reason. Nash and Mike weren't even laughing at you. At least not initially.
last.fm
Quote by rockhard182

what a ripoff

Never heard of him.

Exactly what argument am I trying to start?

Quote by guitar_rules311
You don't know who Jacob Bannon is though. You seem like you're trying to start an argument for no reason. Nash and Mike weren't even laughing at you. At least not initially.
Quote by J. Bannon
Never heard of him.

Jacob Bannon is the vocalist for the hardcore band Converge who are considered legendary and are pretty much idolized in the hardcore forum.

That's why they thought it was weird your username is J Bannon.

Quote by J. Bannon
Never heard of him.

Exactly what argument am I trying to start?

Argument wasn't really the best for me way to put it. More like being a bit confrontational. Like your post about Jacob Bannon being a douche when Nash showed you why they found your username amusing.

Now I realize that you're probably just joking around and I'm being stupid.
last.fm
Quote by rockhard182

what a ripoff

Last edited by guitar_rules311 at Aug 2, 2011,
Still never heard of him, or the band. At least my tactic worked for figure how the "joke". Sometime the easiest way to get an answer is to not want it.

Quote by goldmember1217
Jacob Bannon is the vocalist for the hardcore band Converge who are considered legendary and are pretty much idolized in the hardcore forum.

That's why they thought it was weird your username is J Bannon.

But that defeats the purpose of the quote system, and makes it difficult to see who exactly you're talking to.

Quote by J. Bannon
I do things my own way, every one else need to follow ;-)

You sound like my friends who immigrated from Vietnam 2 years ago. Learn to use grammar correctly.
Quote by J. Bannon
I do things my own way, every one else need to follow ;-)

Your way is stupid and counter-intuitive. Why would you post your reply to something, before what it is you're replying to?
I'm an asshole.
Quote by J. Bannon
At least my tactic worked for figure how the "joke".

Whoa, hold up.

Let's address this sentence.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Page 1 of 2