Poll: Which Guitar should I get?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which Guitar should I get?
B.C. Rich Stealth Pro Marc Rizzo 7-string
3 38%
B.C. Rich Kerry King Wartribe with Kahler tremolo
2 25%
Ibanez XP300 IPT
3 38%
Voters: 8.
Hey I was wondering which guitar i should get out of B.C. Rich Stealth Pro Marc Rizzo 7-string , B.C. Rich Kerry King Wartribe , or Ibanez XP300 IPT ? I'm getting a new guitar to play some metal with, as my les paul isn't good for metal. The tremolo is the most important feature to me, with price being the second most. The Marc rizzo costs $1000, the Ibanez costs $900 and the Kerry King costs $500(with the price of shipping and cases included). I would get the Kerry King because of it's very affordable price but i've heard the kahler tremolos don't stay in tune very well and don't have as big of a range as floyd roses or edge tremolos. Is this true? If so, i don't know whether to get the ibanez or the marc rizzo. I've heard that edges are way better than floyd roses but i don't know if I should sacrifice a string and emg's for the edge. Is the difference worth it? What guitar should I get?
I personally think that Joey Jordison's looks ten times better. It has an original Floyd and EMGs.
http://www.bcrich.com/models/guitars/Warlock/Joey-Jordison-Signature-Warlock/174
Quote by luxeion
i keep asking my dad for wood. but he keeps getting annoyed (he's working on a house). and i'm too young to go outside.

Last edited by StrykVladzimsky at Jul 28, 2011,
Quote by StrykVladzimsky
I personally think that Joey Jordison's looks ten times better. It has an original Floyd and EMGs.
http://www.bcrich.com/models/guitars/Warlock/Joey-Jordison-Signature-Warlock/174

Yeah, it looks better, has a better tremolo, and has better pickups than kerry kings but the price tag doesn't look better at all. Marc rizzos stealth pro has everything and more(except the appearance of course) and it's $100 less.
Check Ebay, I think I saw something for like 400 bucks, I'll go check.

EDIT: Nope, crappy version.
Quote by luxeion
i keep asking my dad for wood. but he keeps getting annoyed (he's working on a house). and i'm too young to go outside.

Last edited by StrykVladzimsky at Jul 28, 2011,
No prob, I personally really want one, but am going to get an ESP Eclipse or something.

You do know there are lots of those on Ebay right? That's probably not the only one.
Quote by luxeion

Quote by JimiAwesome

Damn thats a very good looking guitar! And i've always wanted a V as well. Affordable as well. Unfortunately, it's probably only cheap because its 3/4 size. Not looking forward to that. I'm also not looking forward to the uncomfortable playing while sitting down. Also, the Ibanez has an edge and the marc rizzo has 7 strings so Marc rizzo and Ibanez>Jr. V nj deluxe.
Kahler's are rubbish

Edge III better than a Kahler but not even close to an OFR

Spend the money to get something with an OFR or at least a FRS (It's a real FR made by ping)
Gear
Jackson DK2
Ibanez RGR320EX
Guild X82 Nova
Godin Seagull S6

Vox V847
Vox VT40+ / VFS5 VT

Quote by FatalGear41

Right now, there are six and a half billion people on earth who don't care what kind of tubes you have in your amplifier
Quote by Willowthewitch
Kahler's are rubbish

Edge III better than a Kahler but not even close to an OFR

Spend the money to get something with an OFR or at least a FRS (It's a real FR made by ping)

What problems do kahlers have? Because i don't wanna pay $400-$500 more for a small issue. And The Marc Rizzo has an OFR on it but i looked up floyd rose vs. edge and nearly every result came up with edge having more stable tuning and range. Even wikipedia said it has improvements over the floyd rose.
The Edge is about equal to an OFR, maybe a little better. But the guitar you're looking at has an Edge III. These are not the same thing, and should never be confused. The Edge III is a pretty crappy trem.

In your price range, the best trem you're bound to get is an FRT-X000. A lot of guitars (namely guitars by BC Rich and Schecter) use these trems while calling them OFR's. They're not really OFR's, but don't be offput by that because they are still really solid trems.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
The Edge is about equal to an OFR, maybe a little better. But the guitar you're looking at has an Edge III. These are not the same thing, and should never be confused. The Edge III is a pretty crappy trem.

In your price range, the best trem you're bound to get is an FRT-X000. A lot of guitars (namely guitars by BC Rich and Schecter) use these trems while calling them OFR's. They're not really OFR's, but don't be offput by that because they are still really solid trems.

It's good you told me before i bought the ibanez then or that would of been a huge waste of money. Now i should consider if i should pay $500 more for a floyd rose instead of the kahler, emg's and 7 strings.

Edit: I was told how crappy these guitars were (except [the stealth pro) so i opened a new thread and chose new guitars. That can be found right over here .
Last edited by cheezstik at Jul 29, 2011,