I'm going to be buying an OD pedal for my 6505+ combo, along with an ISP decimator.

Currently researching different ones, found out my favourite guitarist uses a Maxon OD808, but he uses a JCM 800. Wouldn't an OD-9 be better with my amp?

Feel free to give recommendations
Either Maxon would be great as well as a Fulltone OCD. Or even a good old tubescreamer, considering most out there are just TS varients.

And what do you mean:
Quote by supguisee
oh u only need 1 power adaptor for a pedalboard right??
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Assuming you mean for boosting & tightening? I'd say just a bog standard TS9 would do you best.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Yeah, um, TS9 is the same as the OD9 right? Just Ibanez rebranded version?

And, my friend wrote post #2. He's wondering how pedalboards are powered.. i have an effects loop as well, would this be used?
Last edited by supguisee at Jul 28, 2011,
Quote by supguisee
Yeah, um, TS9 is the same as the OD9 right? Just Ibanez rebranded version?

And, my friend wrote post #2. He's wondering how pedalboards are powered.. i have an effects loop as well, would this be used?

yes the TS9 came first but was made for ibanez by maxon. they went on to market their pedals under their own name.

depends on the pedal board.some have a built in poser supply capable of running a set number of pedals. others you have to supply your own power be it battery or somehting like a one spot that can power multiple pedals.
Quote by monwobobbo
yes the TS9 came first but was made for ibanez by maxon. they went on to market their pedals under their own name.

depends on the pedal board.some have a built in poser supply capable of running a set number of pedals. others you have to supply your own power be it battery or somehting like a one spot that can power multiple pedals.

alright ty

k so i need to claify on what i need to buy to get them running, and where the 2 pedals plug into (effects loop or around the front?). and which goes first?

can anyone recommend/link items like a good power adaptor and w/e other cables i need please
Quote by supguisee
alright ty

k so i need to claify on what i need to buy to get them running, and where the 2 pedals plug into (effects loop or around the front?). and which goes first?

can anyone recommend/link items like a good power adaptor and w/e other cables i need please

ummm... you only will need 1 overdrive. overdrives and distortion pedals always go in front of the amp. time based fx go in the loop.

a 1spot power adaptor will be a good investment as it can power damn near any pedal out there (and can be made to power severalpedals at once) of course your pedal will also take batteries.

you'll need a cord to go from your guitar to the pedaland another to go from your pedal to the amp. use patch cords (6 inches of less is best) to link other pedals if you have more than one.
if you're only using it for boosting and already heavily distorted amp i doubt you'll hear much difference.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?