Hey guys and gals,

What are my options for online trading of gear?

Outside of Talkbass' classifieds, i've only ever used Craigslist and Ebay.

I'm not a fan of ebay, and i usually don't have much cash. So i usually get gear by trades.

However, at this point in my bass playing i want some more specific stuff that doesn't pop up too often in the local used shops.

So, what other (reputible) internet outlets are there? Does UG have one?
"Punk Rock should mean freedom, liking and accepting anything that you like, as sloppy as you want, as long as it's good and has passion."
Idk if it's allowed here, but what were you looking into gear wise?

I do mostly trading as well.
Quote by askrere
Idk if it's allowed here, but what were you looking into gear wise?

I do mostly trading as well.

Yeah, i dunno either... but if it's not allowed i'll just delete the following:

I'm looking for a Passive/Active... specifically:

-Fender Jaguar
-Peavey Rudy Sarzo sig
-Peavey Dyna Bass
-Carvin SB4000
-G&L L2000 (tribute or US)
"Punk Rock should mean freedom, liking and accepting anything that you like, as sloppy as you want, as long as it's good and has passion."
I want a tribute really bad in all natural with a maple neck.

Also I'd go to pawnshops and look around, I got my mustang by taking a piece of (free) gear and selling it in return for the bass, essentially with haggling they gave me the bass for the exact amount I'd have got for the gear. It's semi trading

those Dum Dum girls are doing a free show here in like 2 weeks but you have to be 21 to get in...
Quote by askrere
I want a tribute really bad in all natural with a maple neck.

Also I'd go to pawnshops and look around, I got my mustang by taking a piece of (free) gear and selling it in return for the bass, essentially with haggling they gave me the bass for the exact amount I'd have got for the gear. It's semi trading

those Dum Dum girls are doing a free show here in like 2 weeks but you have to be 21 to get in...

Yeah dude, the all natural+maple look is sooooo classy. On any onrelated note, i was just this morning admiring the jazz bass played by the bassist of Blind Melon... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TKXnyEv5DU Dude... maple body, no pick guard with black binding/blocked maple neck... shoot i almost wanna get a squire VM to do this, haha

The local pawn shops have been so dry latly, and unfortunatly, the immediate local ones have owners that know their music gear... so it's usually priced what its worth :/

Haha, sneak in!!

It was in Austin at SXSW that my old band played with them last year!
Quote by Din of Win
Yeah dude, the all natural+maple look is sooooo classy. On any onrelated note, i was just this morning admiring the jazz bass played by the bassist of Blind Melon... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TKXnyEv5DU Dude... maple body, no pick guard with black binding/blocked maple neck... shoot i almost wanna get a squire VM to do this, haha

The local pawn shops have been so dry latly, and unfortunatly, the immediate local ones have owners that know their music gear... so it's usually priced what its worth :/

Haha, sneak in!!

It was in Austin at SXSW that my old band played with them last year!

Do it, that was a crazy cool bass, way better than Geddy's.

If you ever come back this way for SXSW there's a pawn shop on like south lamar/barton springs that does an annual music gear sale, of everything they've stockpiled over the year, there is like hundreds of basses, amps guitars, pedals drum kits, and it's all way marked down. but you have to get there as the door opens and rush in.

How do you propose I sneak in, I'm not pretty enough to get in by my looks. and not hairy enough to take on the bouncer if he sees. Sucks enough that I'm turning 21 6 months before anyone else I'm close friends with does.
Quote by askrere
Do it, that was a crazy cool bass, way better than Geddy's.

If you ever come back this way for SXSW there's a pawn shop on like south lamar/barton springs that does an annual music gear sale, of everything they've stockpiled over the year, there is like hundreds of basses, amps guitars, pedals drum kits, and it's all way marked down. but you have to get there as the door opens and rush in.

How do you propose I sneak in, I'm not pretty enough to get in by my looks. and not hairy enough to take on the bouncer if he sees. Sucks enough that I'm turning 21 6 months before anyone else I'm close friends with does.

Ugh!!! Man... i'm totally looking up that pawn shop next time i'm around!

Sneak in:
-Bring an instrument bag with you and say your in one of the bands and you forgot your ID while touring.

-Or, bring some markers with you, and loiter around after the first band or so has played. Check out what kinda stamp everyone has while they're out smoking and recreate it on your hand... then smudge it a bit, and it'll be as if it got wonky from sweat.

-See if anyone you know that's over 21 is going, and go with them... just say you forgot your id... usually you just get a mark saying you can't buy booze, but they'll still let you in.
smart stuff, I turn 21 in less than a month but good tactics for the rest of my friends. I hate it because all the door people at the venues grab and pull me saying some get $1 shots, and I can't. I feel there should be a law, if you invite someone in for drinks without ID'ing first, you must allow them entrance.

Also, I forgot about this, some people, or you can organize a gear swap in like a wal mart parking lot. Some guy does that here with telecaster stuff, but I already own one so I don't see the point of being so specific.