Page 1 of 4
Which Countries do you think have the best and worst cuisine? For example the amount of great traditional dishes, best quality home produce etc

I think Spain as it has a great variety of home produce that is all high quality (some greens and dairy isnt great due to the hot weather but generally very good). Calimari, Spanish Ommlet and White Asparagus are amazing. Cava is great too.

I think traditionally American recipes are pretty god awful..and homogonising the world with fast food is probably one of the worst things ever to happen in food culture. Most recipes are imported so they dont have a great legacy. Key Lime and Pumpkin Pie are pretty meh IMO.

I WOULDNT say Britain has the worst..some seafood and beef etc is world renowned. I love Sheperds pie and Sunday Roasts etc.
Last edited by Sir-Shredalot at Jul 28, 2011,
Because American cuisine is definitely fast food and all... dipshit.
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
Well, America has fast food, so there's that. As far as our actual food goes, I hear from foreigners who visit us that our food has an artificial taste to it like it isn't real. So I guess, although as an American I love our death-in-one-bite cuisine, I'd have to cast my vote for the US as having the worst food.

To be fair, though, I've never traveled enough to get a taste for what's out there. I am American, after all.

EDIT:
Quote by Skynyrd890

That's not what he's saying, chillax bro. He's saying that America has homogenized the world food culture with fast food, which is pretty much true. Fast food started here and spread from here.
Last edited by madbasslover at Jul 28, 2011,
I don't know why so many places abroad thrive to have the 'traditional engligh breakfast' in every single bar they have. It's just butter on toast or eggs and ham.
"I specialize in driving a set like I'm driving a Lexus" - Uncle Mez
I've never seen much of British cuisine. It seems to be either fish & chips or fixed portions of stuff... It tastes nice though (with the exception of battered fish).

Persian cuisine is beautiful in my opinion. Or Turkish.
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
Food is food.... that is all
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Quote by Skynyrd890

I didnt say it was all fast food you mongofried piece of kentucky chicken.
Quote by laid-to-waste
I don't know why so many places abroad thrive to have the 'traditional engligh breakfast' in every single bar they have. It's just butter on toast or eggs and ham.

That is not a Traditional English Breakfast. That sounds more like a 'continental breakfast' lol
Quote by madbasslover
Well, America has fast food, so there's that. As far as our actual food goes, I hear from foreigners who visit us that our food has an artificial taste to it like it isn't real. So I guess, although as an American I love our death-in-one-bite cuisine, I'd have to cast my vote for the US as having the worst food.

To be fair, though, I've never traveled enough to get a taste for what's out there. I am American, after all.

EDIT:

That's not what he's saying, chillax bro. He's saying that America has homogenized the world food culture with fast food, which is pretty much true. Fast food started here and spread from here.

I haven't slept in 29 hours...... I will not chillax!
I don't even know what I would consider "traditional American food". I know that there's distinct, regional types of traditional food like Cajun food.
Quote by Sir-Shredalot
That is not a Traditional English Breakfast. That sounds more like a 'continental breakfast' lol

That's how a butload of bars across Paphos I visited described it.
Quote by Masamune
I don't even know what I would consider "traditional American food". I know that there's distinct, regional types of traditional food like Cajun food.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_cuisine
Depends on the region, I guess.
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
Mexican is the best always. If you disagree you suck and I hate you on a deep and personal level.
By definition, all food made in America is American cuisine, foreign or not.

Therefore I vote American cuisine as being the best in the world.

However, if I can't (logically) cheat like that, I'd have to say Italy has the best cuisine. I'll eat anything with meat and sauce, therefore Italian food is my handicap.
I play my guitar like I live life; upside-down.

Gear:
Sender Fratocaster
LTD Phoenix-200
Fender Sonoran
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
Fender Mustang V 412
Quote by Lion_Slicer
Mexican is the best always. If you disagree you suck and I hate you on a deep and personal level.

You're entitled to like it but... I feel sorry for you.

Mediterranean is my favorite. Lebanese specifically.
I've been to Italy twice and they do, hands down, have the best food there.
chinese is by far the best, worst is probably british, its just so boring although that might be because im british and have eaten it all my life
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
Quote by laid-to-waste

its not the real thing, the real thing is a plate of goodness, bacon, eggs, toast, tomatoes, mushrooms, hash browns, black pudding and some tea.
My Rig
Fender Blacktop Strat HH MN > Joyo JF-01 Vintage Overdrive > Boss ME50 > Line 6 Spider IV 30

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic
Yamaha 12 string acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
All the cuisines around are world are awesome if cooked right, and equally bad if cooked wrong. Also I don't think you can compare what's better or worse, because that kinda takes the point away from enjoying a variety of food.

Kinda like a 'greatest guitarist' poll, if you ask me.
Don't buy Guitar Hero.
Buy Guitar Pro.

My Gear: (That I actually use)

ESP Edwards E-CY-165 CTM
Vox Saturator
Vox AD50VT
Vox Tonelab LE
Jim Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Out of all the cuisines I have tasted, I really like Italian Cuisine the best. Chinese cuisine is amazing as well but I feel as if a lot of Westerners who have never been to Hong Kong, China or Taiwan have been somewhat conned into thinking what they know as Chinese Food as real Chinese Food.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Quote by leigh596
its not the real thing, the real thing is a plate of goodness, bacon, eggs, toast, tomatoes, mushrooms, hash browns, black pudding and some tea.

Still sounds dry to me.
In heaven, the italians would make the food, brits the humour and the germans would be arranging the discipline and order.

In hell, it's german humour, italian discipline and order and british food.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Last edited by JohnnyGenzale at Jul 28, 2011,
Fast food is generally considered a more western American food. To me the absolute best American cuisine is from the Southern United States. Things like pit barbecue, biscuits and gravy, fried chicken, American style casseroles (very different from the original dish) and the like. That stuff is some of my absolute favorite in the world.

Pretty much every country has food that I can enjoy. It really depends on my mood.
Quote by sugar_daddy
I will never ever get used to reading that haha

Christ I just googled it and it made me feel ill to look at.

I mean maybe it tastes nice but still, vomit.
If music was the food of love I'd be a fat romantic slob.
I'm suprised no one's mentioned Japanese as the best cuisine yet. I think most of the stuff I've had was delicious!
My favorite cuisine is Southwestern. I don't even cook and I have 7 cookbooks on it that I read all the time and I visualize the ingredients and stuff, and when I get through a recipe it feels like I just ate something.

But I like most types of food. I don't think I have a least favorite. Maybe anything that relies heavily on seafood since I hate seafood.
cat
Worst for me is Dutch food.

Its not bad or horrible tasting, just unbelievebly bland.
PSN: Shibuib
Steam: Drag_on88rr@hotmail.com
add me

Elvis Presley aint got no soul, Chuck Berry is rock and roll.

日本語をシグに入れるのは馬鹿やキザ野郎のする事だぜ。
Quote by Blackbullet
Worst for me is Dutch food.

Its not bad or horrible tasting, just unbelievebly bland.

Depends what type of bud you were smoking bud
Italy probably has the best and the worst might be Thailand or somewhere like that with their battered testicles and fried horse period.
Quote by Sir-Shredalot
Depends what type of bud you were smoking bud

Lol thats the thing, unless youre high- its all pretty tasteless from what I have experienced.
PSN: Shibuib
Steam: Drag_on88rr@hotmail.com
add me

Elvis Presley aint got no soul, Chuck Berry is rock and roll.

日本語をシグに入れるのは馬鹿やキザ野郎のする事だぜ。
Italian and Mexican for best.

South Indian for worst.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Good food:
- Italian is probably the best. It's healthy, simple and (if done well) tastes amazing. That's what good cuisine is to me.
- Chinese and Japanese, another favourite as it's always flavoursome and never feels heavy or difficult to eat
- Spanish, rich flavours and good meats. They know how to eat!

Bad food:
- Mexican, to me it's almost always just a stodgy lump of indiscriminate mashed up meat , and a bad combination of bland but hot.
- German, seems always grey, unappetising and heavy
- British. The trademark dishes people seem to love (Roast Dinner, Pies, English Breakfast, Steaks etc...) are actually most of the time greasy, heavy, unseasoned lumps of carbs and fat with little flavour.
Last edited by vitchb at Jul 28, 2011,
Page 1 of 4