My girlfriend's daughter committed suicide Monday morning jumping off the Rio Grande Gorge bridge, a week after her boyfriend killed himself in front of her. She turned 19 the night before.

I wrote this that Sunday night, not knowing why or where the words were coming from.

Please give it a listen as a memorial to her. Then go hug your kids.

Shades of Grey (Samantha's Song)
Did you know: animal agriculture contributes more to global warming than all modes of transportation combined? Go Veg - it is the right thing to do for the planet, for your health, and for the animals.

lmcd Soundcloud Tunes
Last edited by lmcd at Jul 28, 2011,
That's horrible, I really can't describe how sorry I am for your loss. I'm told I'm a good listener, if you want to talk, feel free to drop me a PM (Yes, I know it says Royal Asshat, but I'm a nice guy, really)

The song is beautiful too, I felt the emotion in it, it's clear where you got it from; honest grief and pain :'(
So sorry.
Music is an art form that celebrates potential. So long as you're looking for it, you'll always find it.
Sorry

Nice job. I can feel the raw emotion. Sorry for your loss.
Last edited by HaveSomeGlue at Jul 28, 2011,
Thanks for the heartfelt wishes (Mr. Pink - thank you particularly - ya know, a soft side is very attractive thing; I *do* believe you're not the resident asshat~).

I'm okay - music *does* transcend pain, and after presenting this song to my girlfriend and her husband, they seemed touched - so I hope it helps if only as a catharsis.

The tragedy extends beyond those immediately involved - a man drove across the bridge and saw her sitting there. He asked if all was okay - and she said "I'm just chillin." He had second thoughts, drove back a moment later...and she was gone. I am sure that will haunt him for the rest of his life.

It makes my problems seem very,very small.
Did you know: animal agriculture contributes more to global warming than all modes of transportation combined? Go Veg - it is the right thing to do for the planet, for your health, and for the animals.

lmcd Soundcloud Tunes