I was thinking about possibly making my tele a 10 string... You know, like BC Rich Biches. Same extra strings going backwards and stuff. Anybody know how a peson would go about. (I'll had more information later, but I'm on my phone)
WARNING:
The above is most likely sarcasm, so fuck yourself if you're offended.
Quote by shavorules42
Hey look! An intelligent post!
Quote by WCPhils
One time I saw a religious person eating so I don't do that anymore.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
Save water. Drink alcohol.
Cmon, 71 views and nobody says nuthin'? Not cool dudes, not cool.
WARNING:
Quote by shavorules42
Quote by WCPhils
Quote by Joshua Garcia
I built a doubleneck and I made the 12 string that way. I used a 6 string neck.But at the time of the build the lack of info, I found out a real 12 string was wider at the nut. Anyway it still playable. If you look closely at the headstock you will see small furrels between the tuners. You would need to use the furrels used in a string through guitar.You would need to route out a space for the 4 extra tuners. I think I'll stop there because I'am not a Fender guy and don't know if Fender makes a 12 string bridge for a Tele.If they do I would remove the 2 outside string saddles.But I would still do some research on what would be the best way to do it.Plus adding 4 extra string puts alot of tension on a neck thats made for only 6 strings. .
First off..... thats really..... really..... really...... really......... really....... really........ really..... fucking cool.

Secondly. I'm cool with making holes in it and stuff, and I already had furrels in mind, and the bridge... I'll think of something, lol, but the part that's got my thinking is the tension part. What about a bigger neck plate? Lol, kind of stupid, but thats really the best I can think of to help with the tension.
WARNING:
Quote by shavorules42
Quote by WCPhils
Quote by Joshua Garcia
I've never had a problem with the neck above.I did have to adjust the truss rod but thats it. The neck plate is standard for a 6 string.The mounting point is not the problem . It's above the neck pocket to the nut is where any bowing will occur.As for the tension thing. Some companies built their necks with just a threaded rod with anchor and nut . Some have the rod inside a U shaped channel.I could be wrong with that thinking. If this is a lets do it and see if it will work project then dont worry about the neck.Go a head and make the 10 string.I remember seeing a pic a while back of a guy who took a 6 string Strat and made a 12 string. He added 6 more tuners to the headstock.He used every inch of that headstock.
Well I mean..... I love my tele... but shit, I can always buy a new neck. I just don't understand what would happen to with 4 extra strings.
WARNING:
Quote by shavorules42
Quote by WCPhils
Quote by Joshua Garcia
Okay, in regards to that picture, what the fuck is that?

But the first thing I thought when I saw the title was, please to the backwards string thing.

I think changing the headstock would probably ruin the tele look.

Sounds cool though, go for it.
Where's Waldo?
Where does a body get 4 tuning heads? lol
WARNING:
Quote by shavorules42
Quote by WCPhils
Quote by Joshua Garcia
and how do you fix the nut?
WARNING:
Quote by shavorules42
Quote by WCPhils
Quote by Joshua Garcia
Cut a new nut and perhaps a new bridge as well.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores