Hey there guys, I purchased an ENGL E670 EL34 SE recently and have an ENGL 240W V30 cabinet in transit. I want to complete the package with some effects. Reverbs, delays, choruses, flangers, pitch shifters etc etc. Probably won't need a distortion pedal as the amp itself will take care of that. What would be the best option? Would prefer an analogue sound rather than digital. I've heard good things about the TC major G 2 but not sure how it works exactly as it looks like a rack setup, I'm guessing you would use a footswitch(I have the ENGL Z15) to change through different patches. Or would the TC G-system be better? Or would single pedals be the way to go? What are some of the more renowned single pedals out there? Money is not really an issue, but there are certain limits(ie, I'm not paying $1,000 for a delay pedal for example). Thanks heaps in advance!!
Gear:

ESP Horizon NT II
ESP Horizon NT 7
ESP Horizon FR II
Last edited by Megadeth09 at Jul 28, 2011,
depends on how flexible you need your fx to be and how much you use them. myself i like pedals but i have a very simple setup and don't run a ton of fx. an overdrive that gets kicked on for some leads, a delay that is used pretty much just on leads,a wah and a phaser (only gets used for a song or 2) so pedals work for me. if you use fx often and need to vary them a great deal for different songs then a multifx unit or rack mounted are going to be better for you. rack mounted tend to be better quality but of course can be way more expensive.
I have TC Elec Nova system and it's amazing and very simple to use
You could get a line 6 m13. It doesn't have amp models, just effects and distortions and they sound great.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Keep the suggestions coming peeps!!
Gear:

ESP Horizon NT II
ESP Horizon NT 7
ESP Horizon FR II
Last edited by Megadeth09 at Jul 28, 2011,
Quote by Seanthesheep
Id say nova system, G system seems awesome but overkill to me

I take it the G System is like the BIG UNIT of TC multieffects? I'm split between a TC multieffects or individual analogue pedals like the Red Witch Analogue Chorus pedal. Single pedals will probably cost me more than the G System haha. I just want brilliant quality.
Gear:

ESP Horizon NT II
ESP Horizon NT 7
ESP Horizon FR II
then maybe the G system is for you. for me its just pretty big and expensive. has to have better effects than the nova system because of the price difference
Quote by Seanthesheep
then maybe the G system is for you. for me its just pretty big and expensive. has to have better effects than the nova system because of the price difference

I'm liking the idea of the G-system because it would allow me to turn on/off heaps of effects at the touch of a button. However, some of the analogue pedals I have heard steer me towards individual pedals...
Gear:

ESP Horizon NT II
ESP Horizon NT 7
ESP Horizon FR II
Quote by Megadeth09
I'm liking the idea of the G-system because it would allow me to turn on/off heaps of effects at the touch of a button. However, some of the analogue pedals I have heard steer me towards individual pedals...

Although it isn't as versatile you can get loopers and put your stompboxes in loops so that one stomp brings multiple pedals in/out of the chain. I tend to have a gain loop, and a modulation loop if I'm using multiple modulation fx so that I have the option of bring them all in with one press
Quote by ragingben
Although it isn't as versatile you can get loopers and put your stompboxes in loops so that one stomp brings multiple pedals in/out of the chain. I tend to have a gain loop, and a modulation loop if I'm using multiple modulation fx so that I have the option of bring them all in with one press

Hmmm interesting. Is it easy enough to re-loop things
Gear:

ESP Horizon NT II
ESP Horizon NT 7
ESP Horizon FR II
Can't you also set the g system to change amp channels as well?? So you can run it as the only pedal board you need to control everything to do with changing your amp sound at the touch of a button??
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
Quote by fly135
Have you tried putting your AX3000G in there to see how it sounds?

Nah, can't do that yet as I'm waiting on the cabinet to come in.
Gear:

ESP Horizon NT II
ESP Horizon NT 7
ESP Horizon FR II
Quote by shredftw
Can't you also set the g system to change amp channels as well?? So you can run it as the only pedal board you need to control everything to do with changing your amp sound at the touch of a button??

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it can do that too.. another advantage. Single pedals will no doubt cost me significantly more than the G System.
Gear:

ESP Horizon NT II
ESP Horizon NT 7
ESP Horizon FR II
Yea, if you like the way the G system sounds, go with that, itll be easy to manage all your effects, and you can also switch amp channels with it so you wont need an amp footswitch
Quote by Seanthesheep
Yea, if you like the way the G system sounds, go with that, itll be easy to manage all your effects, and you can also switch amp channels with it so you wont need an amp footswitch

I would prefer the sound of analogue pedals, but the G system has the ease of use etc... Guess it all depends on how badly I want the sweettttt sound of analogue pedals(although I'll probably get a digital delay pedal for use with distortion)...
Gear:

ESP Horizon NT II
ESP Horizon NT 7
ESP Horizon FR II