Could you recommend me any good indie record labels that deal with Alternative Rock? USA only. I'd also prefer such labels that accept submissions online. Thanks!
Try finding out which labels some bands you like are signed to (Google/Wikipedia).

Ex: I found a wiki article on Placebo and found Vagrant Records in it.
Last edited by 37 Narwhals at Jul 28, 2011,
road runner records. they hold contests every week with alt bands. you can create your band profile and post things up to make yourself look good and then you might win a contest! but basically, they having contests every so often and then they have a battle of the bands between the winning bands. pretty simple and fun!
The Overflow+READ=zombies.

"if the individual has the right to govern himself, all external government is tyranny." -Benjamin R Tucker
Thanks guys, I'll check all the links.
We have a profile on Roadrunner but it seems like they don't really care about those band who win in the contests.
What I am looking for is a deal with a solid American indie record label that's no bullshit or anything, and which is at the moment accepting submissions from international bands.
The fact that you are asking this is evidence that you're not ready to get signed.

That's not a dis. It's just that even indie labels are really careful about who they sign, and you've got to know the business you're in before they'll pick you up.

I'm not suggesting you shouldn't ask. This is the groundwork that you need to be laying before you even think about getting signed.

To get signed with an indie label, you should be already networking with other bands who are signed to these labels. You should be playing shows with bands who are signed to indie labels. You should have people in your personal contacts list that are associated with these labels. With all these people around, there is no reason to ask US who they are.

If you're ready to be signed, you'll also have a track record for selling shows and selling product. You'll have a track record of having some print and on-line press, along with campus radio presence and a buzz on sites like pitchfork. Just as you should know who the labels are, the labels should also have YOU on THEIR radar.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Quote by Blind In 1 Ear
lol "indie label"....oxymoron isnt it?

Yeah I always thought it was strange. But I thought calling a genre of music "indie" was strange too.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Yeah, the '90's were funny like that. You had these "alternative" bands like Nirvana at the top of the Billboard charts outselling mainstream acts like Bon Jovi by a margin of about 5:1.

In an interview with a local mag, I described my original band (very commercial sounding for the most part) as "the mainstream alternative to the alternative that has become the mainstream."

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.