okay so im learning the song "brain stew" by green day, and i have just about the whole song down except for the part after the verse where the guitar makes the scratchy sound, i dont know what its called, i have the basic idea of it but can someone try to explain it for me in more detail, i would be very grateful
That's probably a pick scrape, take your pick and grind the edge down the strings from the bridge to the saddle. Wait, grind probably wasn't the right word, slide is.
Quote by luxeion
i keep asking my dad for wood. but he keeps getting annoyed (he's working on a house). and i'm too young to go outside.

Yeah. With the side of the pick, just drag lightly and quickly down the strings.
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"
its not like an actual scratching sound umm...here ill post a link so u can here it
Ah. Palm muting. Lightly place your hands over all of the strings at the bridge and strum. Do not press too hard as you will mute the strings, just light enough to get that "scratchy" sound. Hope this helps!
Fender MIM 60th Anniversary Strat
Freshman Apollo Electro-acoustic
Line 6 POD HD500
Marshall MG15CD
Last edited by CalumFraser at Jul 28, 2011,