Skip to 03:15.

Does anybody of you know what this "backwards delay" volume swell thing is called? I really like the sound of it, and i know that i have heard something like this before. Is it done whit a delay pedal, volume pedal or what? How can i make it?
I can't listen at work, but it may just be recorded then reversed. This happens in the intro to Yes' "Roundabout."
Nothing that is worthwhile in life will ever come easy.
yeah it just sounds like a reverse effect in the studio.

you can get a similar effect with a pedal if you use something like the tc nova dela or the line 6 dl4. they have reverse delay effects.. they won't ever be the same as the studio sound because obviously your pedal can't predict what you will play.. but you can get pretty close