Yesterday I was laying on a field with a few friends and I had gone about 30 hours without sleep and had just got high and the sky turned into a grid very very similar to the shields in Halo when they're shot. I have never hallucinated whilst high so I'm putting it down to the lack of sleep. Also everything looked as though it had been a picture from a lomo/vintage camera.

Any of you had similar experiences? I quite liked it and thought I may experiment with sleep deprivation. This thread isn't about drugs it's about Sleep deprivation inducing hallucinations so no ''Take it to the drug thread.'' type responses please.
That was me during finals week.

I was just mentally broken. Seeing shit, hearing shit, just feeling spacey all the time.
Happened to me last week dude. I had the same amount of time without sleep and I was in class, my teacher got all scary and everything started moving around. He'd ask me questions and I wouldn't even respond, it was ridiculous.
BRIAN. SCHNEIDER.
haha yeah, one time I hadn't slept in so long that when my dad into my room to wake me up I thought he was a jackal and I got really scared and told him to get out.
More times than I care to remember, random whispered voives, phantom smells, giant colour changing blobs that follow me around, black cats off in my peripheral vision
Yes. One time in high school I got really sick and feverishly kept imagining monsters moving around out of the corner of my eyes... while waiting outside for my parents to come pick me up I bent down to tie my shoe and the snow falling onto my shoe looked like hundreds of white spiders and I actually screamed. Sleep deprivation hallucinations are always terrifying to me.
No, but I've been around mom when she was really sick and she hallucinated that there was a leprechaun and an eagle in the room. She doesn't remember it, nor does she remember cooking corn, macaroni and cheese, and making turkey sandwiches that same night during the hallucination. I think she was sleepwalking more or less, but she was still seeing things that weren't there.

But no, I've never had hallucinations. I've never stayed up long enough to have that happen. 26 hours is the longest I've stayed awake.
Fanfiction profile: Kutlessrocker's Fanfiction profile. Click Me!

Quote by BrokenBricks
haha yah, kinda. cows are such hilarious creatures, they would be so worthless in nature. the totality of their existence is to taste good with A1 poured on them.
Last edited by Kutless Rocker at Jul 28, 2011,
No but once I was really ill and couldn't stand up for more than 5 mins without everything starting to blur and white out.
Once I was totally exhausted, laying in bed and hallucinated that I was on fire for a second. That was the last late night I had for a while.
i enjoy the perks of not sleeping for lengths of time, maybe we should all do like a 5 day marathon? do sh*t in the day and amusing each other during the lonely hours?
plus imagine the OC we could get from no sleep? all sorts of funny things happen
Quote by Rufusftw
i enjoy the perks of not sleeping for lengths of time, maybe we should all do like a 5 day marathon? do sh*t in the day and amusing each other during the lonely hours?
plus imagine the OC we could get from no sleep? all sorts of funny things happen

This is an amazing idea. If we get some more attention for this I would be so down for it.
40+ hours is when it becomes unbearable, for me. Not just because I can barely stand up cos I'm falling asleep on my feet, but yeah, stuff like lights get screwy, and rooms spin. Stuff like that. People become my worst fear/enemies in the world, too. It's like being tetchy after a bad nights sleep, except x1000 and they're out to get you.
Me and some friends stayed up for around 72 hours.

By the end of it there was three of us left awake, and we were just staring at each other silently without moving. I felt myself tingling and my peripheral vision started to change colours. I can't remember falling asleep o waking up, but I did wake up in the exact same position I was in when I was staring at my mates. Sat bolt right up with a plate of toast in one hand.
I'd been asleep for 6 hours like that apparently.
Quote by Rufusftw

This has the potential to be great.
Quote by devourke
I love you bro. I'd totally turn gay for you after that.

November 13th, 2011. Nodincap.

LoL: Kublai Dong

MC: StealthTurtle
Twitter
Last.fm
Quote by CodeMonk
I'm going on 32 hours now.
Not by choice.
Fuked up back won't let me get comfortable enough.

Waiting for hallucinations

The spider hallucinations are the best ones.

It seems everyone sees them. In the dark you'll notice the shadows moving, then when you focus it's thousands of spiders shifting about.
Quote by Rufusftw

YES. I'm down.
Quote by denfilade
For a moment I thought velcro shoes were ones with the whole bottom made of velcro

She could walk up your pubes with those

Quote by kannon
this post has aids
Quote by NinjaSlayHuman
and 07'ers will always be well-respected members of UG society.
I haven't been sleeping enough lately due to school, and it sucks. The other night I was looking at the shadow of a stationary object, and it started moving. Cooooool.
Quote by SG_dave
The spider hallucinations are the best ones.

It seems everyone sees them. In the dark you'll notice the shadows moving, then when you focus it's thousands of spiders shifting about.

*shudders*

I've never gotten that, at least not that bad, but I've hallucinated incredibly eerie people, dogs, ghosts, demons, etc.

I should really get my sleeping habits in order.
The most I've gone without sleep was 30 hours too. Wasn't too bad, but I definately was kinda out of it. The sleep i got after that though was awsome.

...spider hallucinations?
I always skip at least 2 nights of sleep a week. The worse I get is things in my peripheral vision.