Hi everyone!

Forgive my lack of knowledge, but i'm just about to buy a blues junior iii amp, and was wondering how connecting an external cab would work?

Can I run a separate cab in conjunction with the internal speaker?

Also, any suggestions on what size of cab to get? Will the junior drive a 2x12 for example?

Cheers!
free bump

Cool amp!

on page 5 of the BJ owners manual is says:

SPEAKER CONNECTOR - This jack provides a connection for the internal speaker OR any
quality 8–ohm external speaker cabinet that you choose.

The OR tells me you can have either or but not both.

A 212 should sound great - especially with the right speaker selection. Just make sure the new cab is rated at 8ohms. 2 - 16ohm speakers wired in parallel will give you a total of = 8.')

If you need speaker or cab help I'm sure there is someone here that can help. What kind of styles do you play in most and do you have a budget/location?
Quote by DanielShaw123
Hi everyone!

Forgive my lack of knowledge, but i'm just about to buy a blues junior iii amp, and was wondering how connecting an external cab would work?

i'll sidetrack ya real quick. why do you want to hook another speaker up to it? for tonal difference? to get louder?

Quote by DanielShaw123
Can I run a separate cab in conjunction with the internal speaker?

doesn't look like it. i'd contact fender to be sure, but i looked up the manual too and it is an old/generic blues jr. manual.

Quote by DanielShaw123
Also, any suggestions on what size of cab to get? Will the junior drive a 2x12 for example?

sure, it will power a 2x12 just fine. i am a big advocate of taking your equipment to the shop and trying some options out. if possible, bring what you want to compare it to as well. that way you can do a side by side comparison in the same environment and find out if it is doing what you want. just act like you're gonna throw some cash around and they'll probably even make a little private room in the back for ya.

Quote by DanielShaw123
I play blues/rock music. Love Hendrix, SRV and Jimmy Page. Not too worried about budget, maybe around the £200 mark, maybe a bit more. Living in the UK

maybe a speaker replacement is more in your scope. a G12M-25 speaker (aka, 'the greenback') was used by all 3 of those guitarists at different points. you could pop out the old crappy stock speaker and pop in one of those greenbacks and get an improved tone (should sound real good with a EL84 amp like yours).
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae