I was wondering if I wore my retainer, would it straighten my teeth out. When I first got my braces off, I barley wore it (very stupid). I have started to wear it again as much as possible, pretty much all the time im home. I was wondering if it would help straighten my teeth out again, because I really don't want braces anymore. It still fits decently, and I wear it all the time. Will this help straighten my teeth out?
Self owned it seems.

I dunno, probably not?
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.
Maybe. Don't stop wearing it or your teeth will go back to the way they were. Somehow they have a memory

If you don't you'll end up like my cousin, gaps between all her teeth. Funny to look at.
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
It probably won't even fit...if it does, your teeth are probably good enough.

Edit...nvm I didn't read the whole thing lol
It'll stop yr teeth from moving around more (obviously), but I'm pretty sure it won't straighten 'em back out.
Isn't that the point of a retainer?
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by rockingamer2
Isn't that the point of a retainer?

No, its to hold them in the place
Slightly similar but I have a metal like wire in the back of my front teeth and the bottom teeth. What are they?
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
If its still fits it will straighten them back out, but that means your teeth are moving and don't get a chance to set into place.
It didn't take long to realise
The safest place was not her arms, but her eyes
Where she can't see you
For her gaze, it blisters;
Grey skin to cinders
Quote by 剣 斧 血
If its still fits it will straighten them back out, but that means your teeth are moving and don't get a chance to set into place.

It doesn't fit perfectly, but I can get it on them which is good. I used to have to wear it a little weird to fit over my front teeth, but after wearing it for a while I don't need to
Quote by benn913
It doesn't fit perfectly, but I can get it on them which is good. I used to have to wear it a little weird to fit over my front teeth, but after wearing it for a while I don't need to

Then you just have to keep wearing it for a while so that your teeth will set where they hold it.
It didn't take long to realise
The safest place was not her arms, but her eyes
Where she can't see you
For her gaze, it blisters;
Grey skin to cinders
Quote by ethan_hanus
This. I wore it for a year after I got mine off, but after that it just annoyed me, so I stopped...teeth still haven't moved any.

Difference is I didn't wear it once I got my braces off because I was stupid so I guess they shifted
It might stop any further moving, but I don't know if there is enough push/pull from it to force them back if they got out of whack. If it still fits you are probably okay though.

Quote by Gorelord666
Slightly similar but I have a metal like wire in the back of my front teeth and the bottom teeth. What are they?

I have one of the hell-wires behind my bottom teeth as well, which are supposed to keep your teeth from moving (mine still did a bit..).
the retainer does what its name suggests. it retains the shape of your teeth. when i got my braces out i was told to wear it every night for 1 year then a few nights a week for at least 5 years. its a pain, but its better than braces
Gear
Basses
Squier Vintage Modified Precision Bass in Olympic White

Guitars
Squier Stratocaster Showmaster NLT HSS
Stagg Electro Acoustic

Amps
Carlsbro Cobra Bass 90W
Line 6 Spider III 15W
Squier SA-10

My teeth begin to move back to how they once were if I don't wear my retainer for even a day. It sucks.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
It'll move them back. Slowly. Not nearly as effectively as braces though. Realize that your teeth have to travel through bone and that bone has to fill in the gaps from your roots. Wear it as much as possible and it will make a difference.
Standard Strat
Jackson WRMG
Parker DF724

Axe-Fx Standard
Carvin DCM1000L

Mesa Trad. Slant Recto 4x12 (UK V30s)
Custom Horiz. 2x12 (Commonwealth 12s)
Quote by Gorelord666

That sounds like a permanent retainer.

They have those, the retainers that are like invisalign, and the traditional kind that look like crazy plastic/metal contraptions.
Quote by jetfuel495
That sounds like a permanent retainer.

They have those, the retainers that are like invisalign, and the traditional kind that look like crazy plastic/metal contraptions.

I just looked it up. My friend told me he has one too; but only in the top.
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.