Hey everyone, I'm looking to get an 8 string for under $500. I'm primarily a drummer, but I need to start recording my own guitar tracks. The choices I'm considering right now are these, with the respective prices that I've found them at.

Agile Intrepid 828 - $499
ESP LTD SC-208 - $449
Schecter Omen 8 - $399

If anyone could give me advice on which choice would be the best, and why, as well as other options that I'm not aware of, it would be greatly appreciated! I basically know nothing, so anything you can offer will help me out. Thank in advance!
Check out and !

dude, really? Is 8 strings really neccesary? I mean, I know more sounds like better, but... Is it really neccessary? I mean are you into really heavy stuff or something?
WARNING:
The above is most likely sarcasm, so fuck yourself if you're offended.
Quote by shavorules42
Hey look! An intelligent post!
Quote by WCPhils
One time I saw a religious person eating so I don't do that anymore.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
Save water. Drink alcohol.
Wait until the new LTD line comes out? They've got a bunch of 7's and some 8's on there, decent price too.
Where's Waldo?
I haven't even fully understood a 6 string completely, and you want 8??? The necks on those are huge!
Quote by luxeion
i keep asking my dad for wood. but he keeps getting annoyed (he's working on a house). and i'm too young to go outside.

I am indeed into really heavy stuff The extended bottom end of an 8 string is a requirement for much of the music that I write, and I'd much rather track the guitars myself than outsource to other guitar players.

Quote by chadreed32
Wait until the new LTD line comes out? They've got a bunch of 7's and some 8's on there, decent price too.

Interesting, when are they supposed to come out? I would really like to get my hands on a guitar as soon as possible, to start learning my way around the 8 string fretboard. I was hoping to order a guitar within the week.
Check out and !
Quote by lukesnyder
Interesting, when are they supposed to come out? I would really like to get my hands on a guitar as soon as possible, to start learning my way around the 8 string fretboard. I was hoping to order a guitar within the week.

Soon.
Where's Waldo?
if you're only here to say ZOMG WHY EIGHT STRINGZZZZ then fking leave.

im primarily a drummer as well! i like my agile 8. the longer scale does take some getting used to but im happy with mine. the quality is pretty good too. when i get some money, im going to replace the pickups as they just arent getting me the tone im wanting.

you could also look at schecters 8s. lots of people have bought the lower end omen and damien 8s and are still quite happy with them. they have an omen 8 at my store and while i like the wider string spacing of my agile more, its still not a bad guitar. i think that one goes for like $400 ish.

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

Quote by SYLrules88

im primarily a drummer as well! i like my agile 8. the longer scale does take some getting used to but im happy with mine. the quality is pretty good too. when i get some money, im going to replace the pickups as they just arent getting me the tone im wanting.

you could also look at schecters 8s. lots of people have bought the lower end omen and damien 8s and are still quite happy with them. they have an omen 8 at my store and while i like the wider string spacing of my agile more, its still not a bad guitar. i think that one goes for like $400 ish.

I did consider the Omen 8 for quite awhile, I think I'm going to go ahead an pull the trigger on it. You really can't beat the price, I don't think. I can get one for $399 shipped. In the future, I may move on up I was just looking at the Agile Intrepid, this one in particular is gorgeous... man!

Check out and !
Quote by SYLrules88

He obviously wants an 8 so he can play some Crabcore.

Schecter is supposed to be pretty good though...
Where's Waldo?
Quote by chadreed32

Funny thing is he's playing a six string in that gif Lul
Gear:
Shecter Omen 6 with Seymour Duncan SH-6
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender Frontman 25r (crappy)
MXR CAE WAH
Digitech HardWire TL-2 Metal Distortion (Makes the amp sound not shitty)
Quote by DamagingExcess
Funny thing is he's playing a six string in that gif Lul

'Twas a joke.

And theres no way in hell you could do that with a 6 string!
Where's Waldo?
Quote by chadreed32
'Twas a joke.

And theres no way in hell you could do that with a 6 string!

I know haha. I wasn't trying to give you shit about it I was just saying
Gear:
Shecter Omen 6 with Seymour Duncan SH-6
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender Frontman 25r (crappy)
MXR CAE WAH
Digitech HardWire TL-2 Metal Distortion (Makes the amp sound not shitty)
Well guys, I finally decided on the Schecter Omen 8 string, mainly because it was the cheapest I ordered my Line 6 Pod Studio UX1 as well, so I'm well on my way to gorgeous low end tones. Thanks for your input everyone! Once I get some tunes tracked, I'm sure I'll be posting them here for all you real guitar players to tear apart, haha!
Check out and !
Quote by chadreed32
Post an NGD!

Forgive my ignorance, NGD? New Gear Demo? New Guitar Day? Haha, haven't run across that acronym before.
Check out and !
Quote by chadreed32

You're a good man... I have been looking for that gif everywhere...
Ibanez S2170FB Prestige + Crunch Lab
Ibanez RG1570MRR Prestige + Crunch Lab
Taylor 214CE
Peavey 6505MH + Orange PPC112 + TS9 + ISP Decimator + MXR 10-Band EQ

Watch and subscribe to my guitar ventures!
Search Nick Catelli on YouTube
Quote by Krauser
You're a good man... I have been looking for that gif everywhere...

Anytime.
Where's Waldo?
Quote by chadreed32
That one.

Haha, thanks for clarifying. I will for sure, it shipped out today, and should arrive early next week. I'll have to wait until my Pod Studio arrives before I can start recording though, sadness!
Check out and !