There's a nice looking ESP The Eclipse on eBay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ESP-Eclipse-Electric-Guitar-w-OHSC-Black-/350474434924). I'm in the market for a guitar with a Floyd, and am in possession of a 2003 LTD EC300 which plays nicely and sounds good on recordings so I'd probably like The Eclipse too.

How much of a difference would there be with The Eclipse and say, an LTD EC1000? At least the LTD is neckthru. The eBay item is listed as made in Japan but who knows? It's not stamped like non-LTD ESPs usually are. The pickups say EMG on them and look like 81s, are they? Is the neck the same one the LTD ECs have?

Are there any catalogue scans or any marketing info on this particular model?

I'm just a bit unsure about the price, $840 (delivered) for a guitar that has no ESP stamp and not much info other than the obvious number of frets on it etc. I'm in love with the idea of my next guitar having been made in the US or Japan, tho but I don't know if that's any guarantee of superior quality over today's more expensive Korean instruments.

Let me in on it if you know anything about his model! Thanks!
Last edited by Ruoska at Jul 28, 2011,
Well, being that the listing was just deleted, this thread may as well have the same fate, because its useless now.

Edit: Nevermind, it works now
Edit 2: I don't know what year that's from, but I haven't seen an Eclipse with that much contour, and the cut at the horn - ever.
Where's Waldo?
Last edited by chadreed32 at Jul 28, 2011,
Quote by chadreed32
Well, being that the listing was just deleted, this thread may as well have the same fate, because its useless now.

Edit: Nevermind, it works now

I just had the closing parentheses in the link too that caused it to break before I fixed the url tag. Thanks for bumping my thread tho
gonna say thats fake. The Eclipse models never have the word "the" on them. they are only supposed to have "eclipse" on the headstock, the inlays are wrong and the bolt on neck is a give-away too.
Last edited by gurg06 at Jul 28, 2011,
Quote by gurg06
gonna say thats fake. The Eclipse models never have the word "the" on them. they are only supposed to have "eclipse" on the headstock. The bolt on neck is a give-away too.

Try Google. There's not just one, but two ESP models called "The Eclipse" with that The in there. The first one was an early 80s Telecaster clone that said "The Eclipse" on it and the latter ones are these LP shaped ones. Just like the first Mirages had "The Mirage" on them.

edit: tho I have to confess I'm not much of an expert on this subject, but that is just what I've read. I've seen photos of a bunch of those earlier The Eclipses with the Tele body. Also I've read some older ESPs don't always have the stamp and since it's being marketed as a "The" model the inlays might be different because they hadn't yet settled on the flags modern Eclipses seem to have. It's being sold by a guitar store too, so I don't think it's a fake but then if they're not very passionate about the subject either, how would they know..
Last edited by Ruoska at Jul 28, 2011,
It's not fake, but I wouldn't drop any money on one. Bolt on Les Paul shapes are generally undesirable. They don't sound or feel like Les Pauls.

I would save up for an Eclipse FR if you want an Eclipse with an FR. Or go for an EC1000.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
ESP ECLIPSE DETAILS:

Funky looking Les Paul that sounds funny

/thread
WARNING:
The above is most likely sarcasm, so fuck yourself if you're offended.
Quote by shavorules42
Hey look! An intelligent post!
Quote by WCPhils
One time I saw a religious person eating so I don't do that anymore.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
Save water. Drink alcohol.
Quote by Offworld92
It's not fake, but I wouldn't drop any money on one. Bolt on Les Paul shapes are generally undesirable. They don't sound or feel like Les Pauls.

I would save up for an Eclipse FR if you want an Eclipse with an FR. Or go for an EC1000.

Ok, thanks! Good to know. I like the tight feel of most LPs I've tried. It's not about saving up but willing to spend. It's just that I'm not mainly a guitarist and I'm not even gigging at the moment so I'm buying it to have quality instrument in my home studio. Also, I'll be visiting the States in a month and selling guitars bought from the US in Europe is generally profitable so if I don't like it I can easily turn it into euros. Basically I'm just looking for a nice US or Japan made guitar at around $500-700 with a Floyd or better (ZR would rock
Quote by Ruoska
I just had the closing parentheses in the link too that caused it to break before I fixed the url tag. Thanks for bumping my thread tho

Some custom shop eclipse models have a bolt on neck.

Having said that, I'm no expert and it might be worth emailing ESP for any info.
Top lel.