So I am about to purchase a new chorus pedal and Im looking for one that has as many options and tweaking ability as possible. Im looking for one that can take the chorus effect to the extreme. Any of you folks have any ideas? Please and thank ya'.

Here are some reference videos on the sound Im wanting to get:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-V7vbUjrGGo (Opening Guitar)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxQ9W0k7VpE (Opening Guitar)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nD0zCQHoWzI (1:00 and So On)
Last edited by NihilistNixon at Jul 28, 2011,
Quote by GS LEAD 5
Axe Fx II

Im a tad confused by this. Is this pedal board friendly or what? All the videos of it make it hard to tell.

OH! Nevermind, I see what it is now. Do you own one of these monsters?
Last edited by NihilistNixon at Jul 28, 2011,
Quote by GS LEAD 5
Axe Fx II

What?! NO!

Regardless, do you have a budget? That's going to be a big help for all of us. And don't say no budget...
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by LaidBack
What?! NO!

Regardless, do you have a budget? That's going to be a big help for all of us. And don't say no budget...

My budget is around 300 bucks.
TC Elec corona chorus......
i use a TC SCF. good pedal.

the redwitch stuff sounds real good too.

effectrode has a really cool looking chorus.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Plus the Red Witch is from New Zealand so you get the legendaryness of Peter Jackson and The Lord of the Rings.

DISCLAIMER: You may be compelled to shag sheep after using this product.
Axe II was a joke. He wanted the most advanced chorus out there, and the Axe 2 pretty much does that (and a load of other stuff)

On a serious note. +1 for the Empress.

Quote by NihilistNixon
Im a tad confused by this. Is this pedal board friendly or what? All the videos of it make it hard to tell.

OH! Nevermind, I see what it is now. Do you own one of these monsters?

I wish I did i dont have anywhere near nough cash to get one.
Last edited by GS LEAD 5 at Jul 29, 2011,
Quote by GS LEAD 5
Axe Fx II

what are you doing with your life?
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
it seems the empress is a good bet, but id also check out the line 6 m5 if you have a chance. it has a ton of different chorus sounds. cant say how it compares to the empress, but it's versatility is pretty hard to beat
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
I own one and I can tell you the Empress is the dog's bollocks! One of the best chorus on the, period. That said if you up your budget you can also look at an Eventide ModFactor, hard to get anything more tweakable than that.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Earthquaker Devices Sea Machine if you want some more out there stuff. I personally think that the Red Witch Empress is quite cold and unpersonal, the Sea Machine is really it's own beast, has some of the craziest chorus sounds ever, may not be the best for the subtle ones though.
My gear:
  • Fender American Standard Telecaster
  • Ibanez RG450
  • Laney VC15
  • Electro Harmonix HOG
  • Vox Satchurator
  • Blackout Effectors Musket fuzz
  • Electro Harmonix Pulsar
  • Earthquaker Devices Disaster Transport
  • Malekko Chicklett

Quote by Gord@k
Earthquaker Devices Sea Machine if you want some more out there stuff. I personally think that the Red Witch Empress is quite cold and unpersonal, the Sea Machine is really it's own beast, has some of the craziest chorus sounds ever, may not be the best for the subtle ones though.

noted. I love the Sea Machine.
Quote by FatalGear41
Red Witch Empress Chorus. Your search is over.

http://www.redwitchanalogpedals.com/EmpressChorus.aspx

I had one for a while. It's bucket-brigade design made it the noisiest pedal I've ever heard in my life. It was fine at moderate settings, but as soon as you tried for something a bit more, it was totally unusable.
Various Strats
PRS SC245 (2007)
Fessenden SD-10 pedal steel
Koch Studiotone XL
Mesa Boogie Express 5:25+
1958 National lap steel
Eastman El Rey 1
Quote by Vulcan
I had one for a while. It's bucket-brigade design made it the noisiest pedal I've ever heard in my life. It was fine at moderate settings, but as soon as you tried for something a bit more, it was totally unusable.

Ive settled on the Sea Machine. What do ya think?
Quote by NihilistNixon
Ive settled on the Sea Machine. What do ya think?

Never had an opportunity to try one, I'm afraid. How is the noise at higher settings?
Various Strats
PRS SC245 (2007)
Koch Studiotone XL
1958 National lap steel
Eastman El Rey 1
Quote by Vulcan
Never had an opportunity to try one, I'm afraid. How is the noise at higher settings?

Its honestly insane, bro. Very little noise going on. Its extremly awesome if you want some weird settings.
Quote by NihilistNixon
Its honestly insane, bro. Very little noise going on. Its extremly awesome if you want some weird settings.

Sounds like you found yourself a winner. Personally, I'm going with a rack effects unit in a few weeks. I'll be picking up an Eventide Eclipse to replace my G-Major 2 in my main rig.
Various Strats
PRS SC245 (2007)
Koch Studiotone XL
1958 National lap steel
Eastman El Rey 1