Hello all,
I am a complete noob. I received my guitar pedal in today, and the guitar itself is coming in tomorrow. I cannot seem to figure out what is wrong with my pedal. When I received it, I felt something rattling around inside. I opened up the battery compartment and this little plastic hollow tube fell out. Weird.

Anyways, I went ahead and connected the battery to the connector, and this thing is not turning on.

The only reason I can think of, is that maybe you need a guitar plugged in in order for this thing to turn on. What is the problem? Here are some pictures of how i set it up.

did mine come broken? i ordered it from guitar center online, can i just take this thing in to one of their stores and have them take a look at it or what?

http://imageshack.us/g/846/20110728161041622.jpg/
Quote by kingneptune117
Hello all,
I am a complete noob. I received my guitar pedal in today, and the guitar itself is coming in tomorrow. I cannot seem to figure out what is wrong with my pedal. When I received it, I felt something rattling around inside. I opened up the battery compartment and this little plastic hollow tube fell out. Weird.

Anyways, I went ahead and connected the battery to the connector, and this thing is not turning on.

The only reason I can think of, is that maybe you need a guitar plugged in in order for this thing to turn on. What is the problem? Here are some pictures of how i set it up.

did mine come broken? i ordered it from guitar center online, can i just take this thing in to one of their stores and have them take a look at it or what?

http://imageshack.us/g/846/20110728161041622.jpg/

Plug a cable into it and watch it come to life!
The "hollow" thing looks like a potentiometer cover or something. Nothing to do with the function of the pedal.

Not sure what you mean when you say it doesn't work. That the LED didn't come on? I assume so since you said you don't even have a guitar to test it with.
Last edited by chip46 at Jul 28, 2011,
You more than likely need a cord plugged into the input of the pedal before it can actually turn on.
My Rig: Gibson SG Menace
Gibson Les Paul Menace (Heavy Modded Project)
PRS Mike Mushok Baritone
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top
Epiphone Dot Deluxe
Epiphone Nighthawk Custom Reissue
Epiphone Worn '66 Wilshire
Egnater 15W Tweaker, 112 Cab
WOW, I am an IDIOT!

You guys were right, all I had to do was plug in a cord into the input slot!

The first noob mistake of many to come...

thanks all.
Quote by kingneptune117
WOW, I am an IDIOT!

You guys were right, all I had to do was plug in a cord into the input slot!

The first noob mistake of many to come...

thanks all.

No such thing as a stupid question. Everyone here had to learn too.