Hi,

Just wanted to know if anyone has tried both the dimarzio x2n and DimeBucker.

Is the dimarzio x2n just a high output dimebucker ?

I play Death Metal if that helps.

I had a dimebucker and did not like it.

Thanks for any help I may get.
No it is much better than the Dimebucker. The Dimebucker is an over priced pickup that sounds absolutely horrible, in my exp. I have never been a Dime fan, but those pickups sound horible.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
the father of death metal (chuck schuldiner) used a dimarzio x2n in the bridge position....and a marshall valvestate...i think thats a give away =p especially if you play old school "good" death metal.
GEARZ

Schecter Hellraiser
TS 808 modded tubescreamer
MXR six band EQ
boss DD-3 digital delay
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble
ISP Decimator
1998 Marshall JCM2000 DSL 100
Quote by Robbgnarly
No it is much better than the Dimebucker. The Dimebucker is an over priced pickup that sounds absolutely horrible, in my exp. I have never been a Dime fan, but those pickups sound horible.

Im a huge fan of Dime. Pantera still rocks my playlist at least 10 songs a day.
But that pickup is horrid. Still have it in my rg370, but as soon as $ is good will be replaced. The only thing its good for is throwing at hookers.
The X2N has been around far longer than the Dimebucker.
Just because both have rail coils rather than polepieces does not mean they are similar, they are quite different. IMO the X2N is better, but its a very harsh, bright pickup.
Quote by Robbgnarly
I have never been a Dime fan, but those pickups sound horible.

Dime never used the Dimebucker anyway, he always used Bill Lawrence XL500s in his bridge

TS: Choice of pickup is a very sensitive issue, it's not as simple as just "I play this, will this pickup work" you need to know what your guitar and amp sound like and how a tiny change in EQ will affect that tone in order to make the most of a pickup change. Until you understand those things and know what you want I wouldn't even look at a pickup change.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.