im going off to college this september and i really dont want to bring my prized SG for fear of theft, damage, and other dorm room shens that go on. plus i dont really have the room to bring an amp for an electric guitar.

so im looking for a decent acoustic guitar (im looking more for used) that will sound pretty good, yet not put a dent in my college budget. i would prefer if its an electric acoustic so i can plug it in if i ever want to later on bring an amp.
MY GEAR

1967 gibson sg special (p-90's)

Crate Blue Voodoo 0212 2x12
Quote by crazydiamondII

hendrix was good but he did nothing to change popular music's path.
I brought my electric gear for the first semester of college last year and I had absolutely no need for it. Just bring your acoustic, and if you find you need your electric gear (unlikely that you will) then you should easily wait till next semester or just whenever you go home next. Chances are your acoustic is all you'll need.

Q#m
e|--6--|
B|--5--|
G|--7--|
D|--7--|x2586
A|--5--|
E|-----|

Play until she breaks up with you.

The most brutal band to ever exist is...

You should go like them...even if you don't like them.

-Sloppyjoe24
May get flamed for saying so (I don't even own an acoustic) but some of the Epiphone ones I've played wern't too shabby. Low action like an electric. meh.

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
ESP LTD MH-1000NT
Marshall AVT100
Boss ME-70

Quote by stratdud39
Thank you for your words of wisdom.
Check out Yamaha. They make pretty decent budget guitars and you can usually find them used. A quick ebay search just showed me several for under $100.

Good Luck.
i bought a Mitchell acoustic/electric last year that is pretty decent and it was only $200..the only problem i have with it is that it doesnt have an onboard tuner but other than that its pretty good. the action is really good. i didnt even have to adjust it from the factory. oh, and it stays in tune, amazingly well
Quote by sloppyjoe24
I brought my electric gear for the first semester of college last year and I had absolutely no need for it. Just bring your acoustic, and if you find you need your electric gear (unlikely that you will) then you should easily wait till next semester or just whenever you go home next. Chances are your acoustic is all you'll need.

ya that's my plan
MY GEAR

1967 gibson sg special (p-90's)

Crate Blue Voodoo 0212 2x12
Quote by crazydiamondII

hendrix was good but he did nothing to change popular music's path.