Page 1 of 2
I consider it a tradition of mine to make a thread each year to celebrate the X Games. So without further adieu, I Welcome you to Itchy's X Games 17 UG Headquarters.

Will Travis Pastrana finally land his 720 tonight in Moto X Best Trick?
Will it even win? It seems Mark Monea has a frontflip 360 in his bag of tricks.

What about skateboard Big Air? We have videos of Mitchie Brusco landing a 900 in practice. http://sports.espn.go.com/action/xgames/summer/2011/news/story?id=6813207

And on Sunday, we have a rallycross event THROUGH DOWNTOWN L.A. How sick is that? Yet another event that Pastrana will probably dominate at. But we can't count out Dave mirra, Brian Deegan, and Tanner Foust. It could be anybody's game on a street course.

I think this year is shaping up to be a weekend full of firsts. I sense a lot of innovation is coming all across the board. We have Big Air 900s, Moto X frontflips, and street racing rally cars. Its looking like a good X Games.

TV SCHEDULE

Thursday, July 28
TIME (ET) 	EVENT 	NETWORK
7:00-8:00 PM	[Medal Event] Moto X Step Up	ESPN
8:00-9:15 PM	[Medal Event] Skateboard Park	ESPN
8:45-9:00 PM	[Medal Event] Moto X Best Whip	ESPN
9:15-10:00 PM	[Medal Event] Moto X Best Trick	ESPN
10:00-11:00 PM	[Medal Event] BMX Freestyle Big Air	ESPN
Friday, July 29
1:00-2:00 AM	X Center (Day 1 Highlights)	ESPN2
3:00-5:00 PM	Skateboard Street Men's Elimination	ESPN
7:00-9:15 PM	[Medal Event] Moto X Freestyle	ESPN
8:00-9:30 PM	[Medal Event] BMX Freestyle Vert	ESPN
9:30-11:00 PM	[Medal Event] Skateboard Big Air	ESPN
Saturday, July 30
1:00-2:00 AM	X Center (Day 2 Highlights)	ESPN2
2:00-2:15 PM	Skateboard Street Women's	ESPN
2:15-4:00 PM	[Medal Event] BMX Freestyle Park	ESPN
4:00-6:00 PM	[Medal Event] Rally Car Racing	ESPN
4:00-4:30 PM	[Medal Event] Skateboard Real Street	ABC
4:30-6:00 PM	[Medal Event] Skateboard Street Men's	ABC
9:00-10:00 PM	[Medal Event] Moto X Racing Women's	ESPN2
10:00-11:00 PM	[Medal Event] Skateboard Vert	ESPN
11:00 PM-12:00 AM	[Medal Event] Moto X Speed & Style	ESPN
Sunday, July 31
2:30-3:30 AM	X Center (Day 3 Highlights)	ESPN2
5:00-7:00 PM	[Medal Event] RallyCross	ESPN
7:00-8:15 PM	[Medal Event] BMX Freestyle Street	ESPN2
9:15-11:00 PM	[Medal Event] Moto X Enduro X Women's	ESPN2
9:15-11:00 PM	[Medal Event] Moto X Enduro X Men's	ESPN2
8:30-9:15 PM	[Medal Event] Skateboard Game of SK8	ESPN2
Monday, August 1
1:30-2:30 AM	X Center (Day four highlights)	ESPN2

The action starts tonight at 7 Eatern time with Moto X Step Up followed by Skateboard Park (a favorite of mine)
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Last edited by itchy guitar at Jul 28, 2011,
I'm sorry if people flipping Gravity the metaphorical middle finger bores you. The X Games is like the World Cup for me and just about anyone else mildly interested in action sports.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
I remember watching this around 2000 to 2004. Great stuff. Impressed they are still evolving it, good stuff.

Don't let your boat be empty, don't be a sunken dream
Don't let the boat regret thee, for what you could have seen

i watched a few years ago, some guy fell off this 100 foot tall ramp, and all that happened was his shoes fell off, and then he gets up five minutes later and he's okay. and Danny Way didn't even compete that year. you can't have a ramp like that without Danny Way.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
I remember that. By far the gnarliest sslam I've ever seen. Jake Brown if I remember right. Either way, those guys are doing backflips on that ramp now. Its nuts.
Quote by MakinLattes
i only watch it for the skateboarding and bmx stuff, the things involving motors and rollerblading...
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
I wish I could ride like travis pastrana
What?! There's a clean channel on my amp?!

Quote by GoodOl'trashbag
omfg i totally forgot about that, you sir are jesus christ.
anyone knows if there's some sort of live feed so i can watch? i live in Portugal, and we dont have ESPN here, and our Extreme Sports Channel will probably show X-Games 17 in like... 3 years or so... xD
I've never followed MX or anything like that, Metal Mulisha for the win
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
I went both years they held the games in Philly. It was awesome. I got to meet Bob Burnquist.

I usually look forward to the skateboarding, BMX, and rally events. Motocross is alright too.
Quote by tntero
anyone knows if there's some sort of live feed so i can watch? i live in Portugal, and we dont have ESPN here, and our Extreme Sports Channel will probably show X-Games 17 in like... 3 years or so... xD

See if this works

http://espn.go.com/espn3/#

Also, I hate to say it, but Step Up needs to hurry up and get over with. I don't know why they opened up the weekend with the lamest event they have.
Quote by MakinLattes
Quote by itchy guitar

Also, I hate to say it, but Step Up needs to hurry up and get over with. I don't know why they opened up the weekend with the lamest event they have.

They did it because now it's out of the way and we can focus on better events.

I really want them to bring the X Games back to Philadelphia. It was so much fun.
I think I read that they have a contract with LA until 2013 at least. I would love to see it somewhere else as well.

And I'd kill for them to reinstate Downhill Skateboarding. That would be a dream come true right there.
Quote by MakinLattes
I think I saw part of it last year. People doing flips on BMX bikes. Crazy shit.
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
Quote by itchy guitar
See if this works

http://espn.go.com/espn3/#

yeah it works, kinda, i need to pay through credit card, if i could pay by mobile phone, i would watch, guess i'll have to stick to the youtube videos of pastrana landing that 720... xD
I wish I could tell you he landed it He tried it twice and did the same over-rotation that happened to him last time.
And Mark Monea fell on his frontflip 360 as well. But he added a no-hander to it.

And as I was writing this, they just said Travis broke his Tibia and Fibia. I'm really bummed out about that.

Quote by daytripper75

I can't imagine looking down that and deciding to roll off the edge.

That's just pants-shittingly scary.
Quote by MakinLattes
I was going to post the exact same thing itchy, but I was glued to my tv screen.

Still waiting for more BMX, but since it's still MX

GO METAL MULISHA
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
Yeah it finally went down. I bet next year we see the frontflip 360 along with Special Greg's (that guy that looks like Travis and was hanging around him) Special Flip.
Quote by MakinLattes
Travis supposedly breaking his tibia and fibula is a bummer. That pretty much guarantees he's done, assuming he was right when he said it.
Quote by daytripper75
Travis supposedly breaking his tibia and fibula is a bummer. That pretty much guarantees he's done, assuming he was right when he said it.

Damn i was looking forward to seeing him strapping into an Indycar at vegas
Sergio 'Checo' Perez 2013 Formula One World Drivers Champion
Quote by daytripper75
They did it because now it's out of the way and we can focus on better events.

I really want them to bring the X Games back to Philadelphia. It was so much fun.

That would be so great.

I love the X Games. I don't follow action sports any other time in the year but I always watch every part of the summer and winter X Games
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by daytripper75

Yeah, when he says he broke something, I believe it. Sucks though.
Quote by MakinLattes
I love how these bmx guys are just like "Hey look at me. I'm slidingggggggg "
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
Is BMX Big Air a new event? I don't remember seeing it before. It's pretty sick
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Its been around for a couple years, but its not really a premiere event that they advertise a lot. imo, skateboard big air is much cooler, but I'll be honest, I'm a bit biased
Quote by MakinLattes
^^^ I caught that too

On a slightly more negative note, there was A LOT of slams tonight. I can count at least 4 people that got taken out. But I'm probably forgetting someone.

Hopefully tomorrow will be better. Skateboard Street Elims at 3.
Quote by MakinLattes
Pastranathon is a bust... Apparently it's his ankle now... The injury keeps moving down... Next thing we know, it'll have been his little toe all along...
I'M IN THE FIGHT TO CURE CYSTIC FIBROSIS...MY LIFE DEPENDS ON IT!

Quote by JustRooster
I'm a straight man, but I'd put that surfcaster right in my mouth.

Quote by JD2k9
Well, life is like a penis.
Women make it hard.
Also, it's short but seems long when it gets hard.
Did they get rid of that skateboard big air rail thing they did last year, or am I just blind and miss it on the schedule? Cause Burnquist doing that 50-50 varial or whatever it was last year was ridiculous.
[]
Im kinda gutted about it this year because some of the best riders have missed out on bmx street.
Which is kinda the only reason I watch.
Just in from the XGames' Twitter:

Official Travis Pastrana report: Right mid foot and ankle fracture. NASCAR? We'll see...

I'll take that as Pastranathon is a bust... He may drive, but riding the bike tomorrow is almost certainly out of the question.
I'M IN THE FIGHT TO CURE CYSTIC FIBROSIS...MY LIFE DEPENDS ON IT!

Quote by JustRooster
I'm a straight man, but I'd put that surfcaster right in my mouth.

Quote by JD2k9
Well, life is like a penis.
Women make it hard.
Also, it's short but seems long when it gets hard.
Looks like Travis had to back out of Nascar as well. I can only assume that means that he will not be competing in Rally either.
Quote by MakinLattes
Quote by itchy guitar

When Step Up is good, it's great, but when it's not it's really not. That said, I still don't like it to be the very first.
Please excuse my godawful username. I was thirteen.
Quote by Thrasher51
When Step Up is good, it's great, but when it's not it's really not. That said, I still don't like it to be the very first.

True that. They used to open up with Big Air. Much better.

Speaking of Big Air. WHAT. THE. FUCK. Mitchie Brusso is pulling 900's on the mega and he's 14 FUCKING YEARS OLD.
Quote by MakinLattes
That 14 year old kid on big air is ridiculous. I saw him and had to do a double take. He's basically a little kid!
Page 1 of 2