so, i know im not like a bad singer i can hold a tune and what not, but i just feel like im missing something, like i feel like im doing something wrong. ppl tell me to sing out ore or be more loud, and i try to do tht, but i always just go back to like the way tht im used to doing it. any help? any excersises or tricks tht might help me along?
heres a recent vid of me singing if u wanna watch so u understand wat im saying.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1465484
You're out of tune on the softer vocals/lower notes. Try pushing your vocals to the front of your mouth, where they should bounce down from the roof of your mouth onto the tip of your tongue. Your tone is good but your intonation needs work. In short, you need to try to over-extend your vocal chords. Try going too high on notes that you are flat on, and you will start to notice that you land more in the middle, where you should be. Keep recording yourself, keep listening. Practice makes perfect, especially when it comes to intonation.
Last edited by Slayton101 at Jul 28, 2011,
I think I critiqued one of your recordings before, and I have the same thing to say: you just need more power during some parts. Push the sound out with your diaphragm (the bottom of your lungs) and you should be able to get the power you need to be using during the climax of the song.

A lot of your problem is probably just being self-conscious; it's a roadblock a lot of singers hit. Just keep in mind that you have a really nice voice and don't be afraid to show it off and get loud.

You've got a great voice. Don't be afraid to use it.
thanks you guys, it helps hearing tht. im def working on them more and trying to get better and better
Quote by Winter Sky
A lot of your problem is probably just being self-conscious; it's a roadblock a lot of singers hit.

Yes. This is probably the biggest barrier for people being able to sing.

Quote by Winter Sky
Push the sound out with your diaphragm (the bottom of your lungs)

No. This is probably the biggest, most popular "wrong advice" that gets perpetuated in vocal discussion. It's right up there with "drop you jaw." You do not push with anything. Supporting your voice does not mean pushing. Projection comes from aiming your voice at the hard palate. Breath support comes from holding the diaphragm DOWN, not pushing it up. Pushing of any nature leads to vocal strain.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Quote by axemanchris
Yes. This is probably the biggest barrier for people being able to sing.

No. This is probably the biggest, most popular "wrong advice" that gets perpetuated in vocal discussion. It's right up there with "drop you jaw." You do not push with anything. Supporting your voice does not mean pushing. Projection comes from aiming your voice at the hard palate. Breath support comes from holding the diaphragm DOWN, not pushing it up. Pushing of any nature leads to vocal strain.

CT

Maybe I'm describing it wrong then, cos I've never had any problems with vocal strain. I find it hard to describe technique without actually showing someone how to do it, but I've always associated the feeling in my diaphragm as "pushing" though it's probably not the best word for the feeling.