So at the minute im running a hartke HA2000 head, its alright... but nothing fantastic ive been looking at getting a new head for around £300 tops, i do not want to buy new as im on a short budget and i will get more for my money if i go pre-owned. I tend to play alot of hard rock, punk and stuff with a pretty gritty tone if you know what i mean?

Ive been looking at ashdown mag 300's and they are the only thing i have pretty much completely crossed off. So far when i have played them the tone seems pretty piercing no matter how i EQ the things and i just dont like them that much. Any other suggestion are greatly appreciated
misleading title... for 300 here where i live you can get the best head around, from a professional too, not one of those that learnt it from the street life... xDD just messin, i cant really help you on the subject as i dont know much about amps
Hartke's HA 3500 is a pretty professional-level amp head, have you checked that one out?
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

check out blackstar. you cant get much better for 300. well built and their dirty channels are something to be reckoned with.
Quote by theyak
check out blackstar. you cant get much better for 300. well built and their dirty channels are something to be reckoned with.

I think TS is talking about bass amplifiers.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

For 300, definetly go used.

When you reccomend used though, it's VERY hard to reccomend anything specific due to me not knowing what's available in your local market.

So, just keep an eye out, and if something piques your interest in your price range, ask here and someone will chime in on it.
"Punk Rock should mean freedom, liking and accepting anything that you like, as sloppy as you want, as long as it's good and has passion."
Maybe a used GK MB500? If what you've gotnow works why not save up a bit moreinstead of going from one "cheap" amp to another?
Or if your current head is loud enough for you try putting a Tech 21 VT Bass in front of it or even just use it asits own preamp. Hartke's are pretty transparent amps so they should go well together.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB