Hey everybody. I just bought my first guitar head, a Yamaha G100 II. I'm trying to find a nice cabinet to plug it into. I'm just not entirely sure of what to get. I'll definitely go used, most likely will go used. But it's a pretty big upgrade from my little Fender Frontman.

Let me know what you guys recommend. Thanks.
cool head. it should sound pretty ideal for jazz. i'd say it's a big upgrade

if you don't mind, read this here

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1387138

and post the info we need, and be back to help ya out. we should be able to recommend something fairly good for whats in your budget.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Oh, awesome.
Well, my budget is about $500.
Genres, mostly jazz, a bit of blues/blues rock.
New or Used, I'll go either, probably used.
Home or gig, umm...Home, but for small gigs at venues that hold like 500 people.
I'm from Winnipeg, but I'm in San Diego California for the summer, and will most likely be moving here. So craigslist will probably be my best friend in this situation.
Current gear is a Yamaha SA500 and my G100 head.
Quote by YamahaJazz
Oh, awesome.
Well, my budget is about $500.
Genres, mostly jazz, a bit of blues/blues rock.
New or Used, I'll go either, probably used.
Home or gig, umm...Home, but for small gigs at venues that hold like 500 people.
I'm from Winnipeg, but I'm in San Diego California for the summer, and will most likely be moving here. So craigslist will probably be my best friend in this situation.
Current gear is a Yamaha SA500 and my G100 head.

very useful.

you are willing to go used, and that is good cuz you can score cool stuff used. i'd say go out to a number of guitar shops in the area and bring your amp with you. try out cabs they have sitting around. you find some who deals mainly with used equipment and you can get redic cabinet deals. for example, there has been a sound city 4x12 with original rola celestions loaded in it for 500 bucks.

i'd recommend either a 1x12 cab or a 2x12 as a 4x12 can get cumbersome (especially if it's your only cab).

you could also get something like:

http://www.avatarspeakers.com/Contemporary%20112.htm

i'd get a G12K-100 with it. the K-100 is pretty stiff, has great attack and dynamic response and would have all the headroom you'd need for jazz. it is also a hard rock speaker and can get a blues rock tone just fine. this is actually a very nice option, but not as cool as scoring a badass 2nd hand cab from a local shop.

i have found redic deals on cabs local.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
I got my used Avatar 4x12, with v30s, for $100. Win.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
I got my used Avatar 4x12, with v30s, for $100. Win.

Are they really that good?