What all do i need to know?
How big and what wood should the rooms be?
Not worrying about the equipment, just the building.
Quote by hahaha15
What all do i need to know?

A lot. A whole lot. For starers, as vjferrara said you need a goal. What are you trying to accomplish? Be as detailed as possible here if you want decent results.

Quote by hahaha15
How big and what wood should the rooms be?

Depends on what you're trying to accomplish. Hip hop or electronic? You can record and mix in the same room or step it up a notch and use a vocal booth. If you're wanting to record a rock band live, the "proper" way is a control room, a decently large live room with a few smaller (vocal booth, drum room, amp iso room, etc) If you want to record orchestras, you'll need a very large very good sounding live room and a control room.

What wood? Whatever you use, use lots of it because you'll have to double up the walls to get decent sound isolation. Treatment will probably be a bigger concern than the kind of wood you build with, and trust me, you can spend years learning about acoustics and treatment and still get it completely wrong...

Quote by hahaha15
Not worrying about the equipment, just the building.

That's setting yourself up to fail. If you really have the resources and time to worry about building/finding the right building, you have to worry about what your gear will be putting in it. If you end up with a small control room but wanted a 48+ channel SSL you could run into some trouble (an extreme example but hopefully it gets the point across). If you have a crappy live room you might want to run more instruments direct than if you have a great live room.
^ all very important considerations so far.

Let's give the OP the benefit of the doubt, though, and say that he has the gear to put in it, and the know-how to use it.

That leads us to three more important considerations:
-what gear do you have to put in it (in other words, what are the requirements for your control room?)
-what is your budget? (now THERE is the $64 000 question...)
-what are you starting with? (Is this a new construction, or a modification of an existing structure?)

And yes, very importantly... what are your requirements for this studio? What do you want to DO in it? What features are you expecting/desiring?

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
^ Maybe a bad assumption:

He's 16 - https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=22902992#post22902992
Budget of $500 for an interface to record guitar and bass direct - https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=27371102#post27371102

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.