i might be buying this head tomorrow morning and i havent played it yet....is it a good amp??? what does everyone think of it??? is this a good amp for like classic rock and blues? thanks
I own it, people say there are reliability issues, i haven't had any and i have had mine for like 8 months, but i got mine second hand and they may have already had the problems fixed, if not, most of them are easy to do and can be looked up on Google. I play a Carvin bolt is H/s/s pickup configuration through mine and it sounds great. This amp really shines on the crunch channel, and once you get the master passed 3 1/4 it starts to really come alive. The cleans arent terrible either.

How much are you getting it for?
Marshall TSL100h

Carvin Bolt
I've got 1 clip uploaded of just the crunch channel if that helps at all with your decision.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Zoot+Allures/music/play925281

edit: Actually i can't remember which pickup, so yeah.
Last edited by Zoot Allures at Jul 28, 2011,
You won't know if it's good to your ears and sensibility until you play through it. So asking us is premature.
it could do rock alright and I think it'll work fine with blues but I'm not a blues player so I'm not too sure
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

Quote by OliOsbourne
it could do rock alright and I think it'll work fine with blues but I'm not a blues player so I'm not too sure

Rock alright? This amp has a TON of gain, i easily do A Day to Remember type stuff with the gain at like 2-3 O'clock.
Marshall TSL100h

Carvin Bolt
Quote by Blakeu224
Rock alright? This amp has a TON of gain, i easily do A Day to Remember type stuff with the gain at like 2-3 O'clock.

I always boost mine but I use it for higher gain stuff.
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

Quote by OliOsbourne
I always boost mine but I use it for higher gain stuff.

Yeah, it sounds great boosted, but its not entirely necessary unless your getting Ultra-Brutal, which you may be.
Marshall TSL100h

Carvin Bolt
Quote by Blakeu224
Yeah, it sounds great boosted, but its not entirely necessary unless your getting Ultra-Brutal, which you may be.

I 'm not ultra brootal, I just like it a lot better boosted.

Even then, I don't think it would be that good for ultra brootal stuff.
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

I like it. I think it's much better than the current JVM stuff. I'm also not a huge Marshall fan in general (I love the pre-90s stuff, though.. the 3203 is unbelievable).. but the TSL 100 is a nice amp.
Music Man JPX 6
Ibanez RGT220H
Fender 50th Anniversary Deluxe Strat
93 Jackson Std Professional (Japan)
03 Gibson LP Special
Alvarez AD60SC

Mesa Single Rectifier/Mesa 4x12 cab
Mesa Transatlantic TA-15
Hughes & Kettner Triplex
Last edited by 3074326 at Jul 28, 2011,
^really, I hear that the JVMs were better than the TSLs
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

Quote by OliOsbourne
^really, I hear that the JVMs were better than the TSLs

I'm not a fan. They sound pretty sterile to me. Should be noted that I like the TSL, not love it. I think it's a nice amp. If I saw one floating around used for a good price I'd consider it. I would not consider a JVM unless I was planning on turning it around for a profit.

I think Marshall has put out some decent stuff lately. I think the Haze series is solid. I love the Class 5. The JVM? It's just so bland.
Music Man JPX 6
Ibanez RGT220H
Fender 50th Anniversary Deluxe Strat
93 Jackson Std Professional (Japan)
03 Gibson LP Special
Alvarez AD60SC

Mesa Single Rectifier/Mesa 4x12 cab
Mesa Transatlantic TA-15
Hughes & Kettner Triplex
Last edited by 3074326 at Jul 28, 2011,
^ *reported*

not sure what the **** that was

Quote by 3074326
I'm not a fan. They sound pretty sterile to me. Should be noted that I like the TSL, not love it. I think it's a nice amp. If I saw one floating around used for a good price I'd consider it. I would not consider a JVM unless I was planning on turning it around for a profit.

I think Marshall has put out some decent stuff lately. I think the Haze series is solid. I love the Class 5. The JVM? It's just so bland.

big fat plus one.

didn't care for the Haze personally but the Class 5 I can stand behind. 2555 was Marshalls last great high gain amp. I am looking forward to tryin a YJM tho

Egnater Renegade get's my vote....or a Splawn.
Quote by 3074326

I got my TSL for under $500 used, great for the price.

A lot of people are disappointed with marshall and their MAs.
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

The DSL would probably be better for what you want.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
^ *reported*

not sure what the **** that was

big fat plus one.

didn't care for the Haze personally but the Class 5 I can stand behind. 2555 was Marshalls last great high gain amp. I am looking forward to tryin a YJM tho

Egnater Renegade get's my vote....or a Splawn.

Did I hear high gain? 2203 and AFD100 get my vote
WTLTL 2011
I own it and its a pretty meh amp.....but the crunch channel boosted is pretty good. The lead channel is way to compressed. The cleans are ok
It's a decent amp. For what you are playing I'd go for a DSL first though. To get a good blues sound out of a TSL you'll have to blow out the windows. Buy good earplugs.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification