Just put dimarzio area t's in my squire mod project. having a few problems

-tone pot has no affect on the tone. ..? i used a .001 cap, wired as the diagram showed. also tried a .047, problem persists

-neck pickup cuts out unless i pull up on the switch. works fine in middle position. would this be the crappy squire switch, seeing as it works fine in the mid position? or should i resolder the connection to the switch?

Alpha pots used. 250k, not that it matters i guess
PRS CE22
PRS SE Santana
Fender Spalted Maple Tele
Squier Affinity Tele w.mods
Mesa Boogie Mark IV Combo + 212 Recto Cab
Homemade Ash Bass
BBE Two Timer
DUNLOP Wah
BOSS GE-7
KORG Pitchblack
MXR Dyna Comp

www.myspace.com/shapesofgrey
I'd replace the switch, it shouldn't be too expensive for a decent quality fender switch and it'll make a big difference to the guitar's lifetime (replacing the pots is a good idea too). Not sure what's causing the tone pot to not have any effect, it could be that the pot's disconnected from the ground, i'd check all the wiring for continuity or any breaks...
pots have been replaced. i checked all the wiring last night, same problems.. the switch problems is only happening every so often though, so its gotta be something with the switch itself.
PRS CE22
PRS SE Santana
Homemade Ash Bass
BBE Two Timer
DUNLOP Wah
BOSS GE-7
KORG Pitchblack
MXR Dyna Comp

the grounding solder on the tone pot may be a cold or loose joint. Try pulling on the connection and seeing if it pops loose. A good joint should be shiny, and not come loose even with a sensible amount of force

as for the switch, I'm assuming it's a blade switch, correct? Are the original jumper connections still there? If not, check their continuity (most multimeters will have this function, and continuity testers won't cost more that 4 or 5 dollars)

Is it possible to post of picture of the wiring?
It is possible the switch is causing all the problems. I have a Fender 5 way switch currently in my main strat that has similar problems. When I rewired it, I accidently bent one of the lower tabs that connects to the switch slide, and creates the physical connection. I tried bending it back, but sometimes when I switch to the neck pickup, the tone will not do anything, and it is because it is missing the physical connection to the tone pot, I have to pull up on it to get it connected and then its fine. The same is easily possible on the pickup side of switch and would cause the whole pickup not to work.

You need a new switch, I am 90% sure that is the problem (I need a new one also, lol). They are $10 from Musicians Friend for a Fender brand one, and its free shipping
hmmm, thanks for the tip wylde life. maybe i'll tug on the switch a bit and see if that will get any kinda of response from the tone pot. your idea sounds about right, though. i'll grab a new switch
PRS CE22
PRS SE Santana
Homemade Ash Bass
BBE Two Timer
DUNLOP Wah
BOSS GE-7
KORG Pitchblack
MXR Dyna Comp

Yeah, just set the tone all the way down and mess with the switch, thats what I did by chance and made the discovery that my switch was at fault.