Page 1 of 2
Live in a Dive-Lagwagon
I Heard They Suck Live-NoFX
They've Actually Gotten Worse Live-NoFX
Tested-Bad Religion
Quote by Apollo1449
Kick Out The Jams - MC5

Forgot about that one. It's great.

Live at Winterland by the Sex Pistols is pretty good too. It's not that great soundwise, but it's historic.
Reel Big Fish - Our Live Album Is Better Than Your Live Album
NOFX - They've Actually Gotten Worse Live
Ramones - It's Alive
Ramones - Live @ The Roxy
The Exploited - Live From The White House
The Clash - Live @ Hammersmith Palais
i don't think i actually own any good live albums anymore...
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
I listened to my friend's copy of The Horrible Truth About Burma the other day, it was good. There was some sweet tape loopin' in their cover of "1970".
the live tracks on Give Me Convenience or Give Me Death are pretty good, but relly just for novelty. i love Pull My Strings and Night of the Living Rednecks.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Subhumans - Live in a Dive
Rudimentary Peni - Bootleg concert
Johnny Hobo/Captain Chaos - Live @ the bandit HQ
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
It's Alive.

Not only is it the definitive Ramones album, it's one of the greatest live albums ever
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
The Dillinger Four live album is awesome and has the best stage banter of any live record I'd heard. While I'm aware it's not punx, the Blink 182 live album is really really great aside from all the stupid banter aimed at 14 year olds.
Mark, Tom and Travis Show (The Enema Strikes Back!)

Pop punk counts, right? :P
Quote by savage94
put the guitar in a big bin and light a yellow smoke bomb at the bottom and put the lid on. i think it should work.
Ya Kick Out the Jams is an amazing live record. Also check out Blow'n Chunks by Flipper. It just adds to their awesomeness.
RAW POWER
Quote by Cejis33
Ya Kick Out the Jams is an amazing live record. Also check out Blow'n Chunks by Flipper. It just adds to their awesomeness.

Their newer one Fight is pretty good too.
Pigpile by Big Black and the Mark, Travis, and Tom Show by blink-182 are really the only two live albums I listen to regularly. Algernon Cadwallader's live tape is pretty good too if you like midwest emo.
I like hearing Blake's talking voice in contrast with the chainsaw noise he calls singing on the live album.
Yeah. I also like how it's not too long (a common problem with live albums), and the 'tweensongs talking is kinda amusing but nice and concise. Plus it's nice just hearing the songs played live 'cuz if I remember right there aren't really any good videos of 'em playing live or anything.
Yeah The Subhumans live album is ridiculously solid. Other than that I don't really listen to live albums. I can tell you the worst band in terms of comparing studio playing to live playing is the Dead Kennedys. Dudes were rad in studio but were awful live. Mostly because they were always having something screw them up and their guitarist being unable to play live.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
I've heard a few decent DK's bootlegs, but most of them are pretty dire. I'm sure the energy was great, but musically they just sped everything up too much and lost the definition. And of course their stage invasions!

I saw one of the reunion tours, and they were really on the ball because they were playing all the songs at the same speed that the recordings are.
People told me that Jello Biafra and the Guantanamo School of Medicine are great live. One of them had a crush on their version of California über alles......until Jello made an assbomb on his head

EDIT: I usually really enjoy live albums of punk bands, but it´s the quality that matters. SLF´s Hanx! of Clash´s From here to Eternity are really good, whereas Live in Holland by The Varukers, is simply awfully produced. One of the worst live bands (on record) are definitely The Doors....
Last edited by lavazza at Aug 21, 2011,
JB and the Guantanamo School of Medicine are amazing live. So are the Dead Kennedy's actually, but i think GSM was better because of the dual guitarists and the trippy effects- And jello running around fat and screaming is amazing.

Pig's Last Stand by Poison Idea is so good. Screaming hardcore punk with Keyboards- just wow.
I love all forms of Rock 'n' Roll, past and NOT present
Social D Live at the Roxy. Great live album.
Petey D

Ankle Burner & World Class Sauce Jockey

Sparrow Big Daddy Ace

Sparrow Ratrod Boss

Johnson JT50 Mirage
Youth Are Getting Restless- Bad Brains
Hair: Debateable- Atom and His Package
Live on St. Patricks Day- Dropkick Murphys
Crazier than a fish with titties.
Quote by Lord_Hondros
That was a great troll, and it made me laugh. Which then made me cause I was having a good time being scared shitless

Quote by behind_you
Grandfather clocks and jizz.
The sound's really messy, especially compared to the studio recordings, but the licks are nice.

Speaking of bands Richard Hell used to be in, I found a live Heartbreakers record -- Live at Mother's -- of the band when it still featured Richard Hell, which is cool.

& I guess they're not really punk, but The Name of this Band is Talking Heads is ballin'.
Last edited by neidnarb11890 at Aug 29, 2011,
Me and my friend Jess, a solid punker by any definition, always used to love listening to "Night Of The Living Rednecks" by the Dead Kennedys. It's found on their post-breakup compilation "Give Me Convenience Or Give Me Death" and it's just a story Jello tells about being in Portland Oregon. Now me and Jess are bother Oregonians and so we loved listening to it and for ages we wished we could listen to the whole show.

After drunkenly wikipedia'ing the DKs I found out the show that recording is from is widely available on bootleg and after not downloading it because that is immoral AND illegal I have to say I can't wait to watch it with him since I haven't hung out with him in two years. Live bootlegs are the best since you can see that band acting like total dicks and there is nothing you can do about it.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
Yeah, I've seen that, it's got more stuff that's on teh recording.

It doesn't seem to be on youtube any more though. :/
Quote by OP-IVY
No Use For A Name's Live In A Dive is pretty sweet i thought.

ditto, such great production for a live album too. I love the live version of Straight from the jacket, so much better then the album version
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
evillive- the misfits
live 84- black flag
bullet in a bible - green day
i know its more alternative but they started as punk
Page 1 of 2