For instance, why does it take somebody less practice to be better than somebody who practiced more? (this can be in anything, sports, music, academics)

Like if person A has been playing guitar everyday for 5 years. He practiced hard everyday, and he convinces his friend, person B to start guitar too. After only 2 years, person B is a better guitar player than person A, even though person A has been playing for 3 more years than him.

Why is this?
Quote by progdude93
my fetish is dudes with dicks small enough to pee on their own sacks.
Last edited by Jostry at Jul 29, 2011,
everyone's different, natural talent, diet, health, physical shape, determination, consistency, work ethic

you shouldn't even have to ask this question
A mix of genetic predisposition and environment.
Check out my band Disturbed
Person A was obviously using 'playing his guitar' as a metaphor for masturbation
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
thanks to genetics, I have no talent at all in anything. It takes me forever to learn anything. It took me three years to learn how to ride a bike, I still cant swim, I doubt I can even tie my shoes correctly and I excel in nothig. Im not saying that I want this and I dont want this to sound whiny, but I dont even deserve to be alive.
One of them might be shit at practicing.

And all those things rely on some amount of intelligence or physical fitness/aptitude, so that also.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Last edited by whalepudding at Jul 29, 2011,
Quote by slipknot5678
thanks to genetics, I have no talent at all in anything. It takes me forever to learn anything. It took me three years to learn how to ride a bike, I still cant swim, I doubt I can even tie my shoes correctly and I excel in nothig. Im not saying that I want this and I dont want this to sound whiny, but I dont even deserve to be alive.

that doesn't answer the question at all man
Quote by slash_GNR666
Person A was obviously using 'playing his guitar' as a metaphor for masturbation

Maybe TS uses 'playing his guitar' as a metaphor for masturbation.

Maybe TS is Person A.

Maybe TS practiced hard everyday, but couldn't match Person B's epic masturbation skills.
i think its about how much the person wants to do it and howmuch work they put into it

ive beenb playing for 3 years and am better than alot of people i know that have been playing twice as long but ive practice much harder than alot of them and studied thoery etc.

and then again i suck at the piano even thought ive been playing for about half year becasue i spent most of my time on guitar
Intelligence. If you are stupid, its best for you to stay at home and do nothing.
Quote by Knucklehead Dyl
that doesn't answer the question at all man

I meant to say genetics as my answer, sorry.
Quote by WantsLesPaul
Maybe TS uses 'playing his guitar' as a metaphor for masturbation.

Maybe TS is Person A.

Maybe TS practiced hard everyday, but couldn't match Person B's epic masturbation skills.

I am Person B
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Quote by Kutless Rocker
Some people just have more talent.

Except talent means being naturally better at a thing, so you just said "Some people are better at things because some people are just better at things".
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
perfect practice goes a long way.

Will to sacrifice 'x' in order to do 'y' better etc.
Quote by the_white_bunny
the point of life is to die.
and pay taxes.

Quote by /PurpleWhalez/
Blasphemy as severe as this is fucking unforgivable and by bullshito code you must commit sudoku for disgracing famirys honoru.
something like this is going on with me and my friend aaron. i've been playing guitar for 3 years, aaron for 2. im a much better guitarist than aaron. aaron practices for maybe 2 hours a day, i skip days at a time some times. i blame his bad habits he refuses to get out of, maybe thats the case with the example in the first post?
ಠ_ಠ
Because some people practice guitar until 2 in the morning. Why? We love it
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
The approach to the task, mental and physical ability.
455 75 34 88

(´・ω・`)

Quote by strait jacket
Do you like being sigged or, like me do you feel strangely violated?