hey, I just upgraded amps from a digital piece of crap with oodles of effects to vintage tube amp. I miss the effects though, this thing needs some reverb in a bad way, my main priority is longer reverbs for post rock and surf. my budget is like $150. thats kind pushing it to. I can get a discount on digitech and line6 pedals as well as a boss rv-5 (work in a mom and pop guitar store)

tldr 'verb. $150merican. post rock/surf.
no sir away a papaya war is on
Nothing beats playing your amp in a hallway or small room or whatever. TR00 reverb comes from the environment. My favorite being the car wash of the gas station I used to work at. I would work overnights and step back there and just bend/volume swell my entire break. Epic tonez.

That wasn't very helpful was it?
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Eventide Space, I lub mine to death
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
line 6 verbzilla is a good one.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
Nothing beats playing your amp in a hallway or small room or whatever. TR00 reverb comes from the environment. My favorite being the car wash of the gas station I used to work at. I would work overnights and step back there and just bend/volume swell my entire break. Epic tonez.

That wasn't very helpful was it?

No, but it was awesome. Write a novel on that shit.
Where's Waldo?
Quote by the_perdestrian
hey, I just upgraded amps from a digital piece of crap with oodles of effects to vintage tube amp. I miss the effects though, this thing needs some reverb in a bad way, my main priority is longer reverbs for post rock and surf. my budget is like $150. thats kind pushing it to. I can get a discount on digitech and line6 pedals as well as a boss rv-5 (work in a mom and pop guitar store)

tldr 'verb. $150merican. post rock/surf.

Electro Harmonix Cathedral is what I use for my shoegaze band. The Line 6 Verbzilla is great and the Boss RV series are very common in such genres. Any of those 3, if you ask moi
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Fender Hot Rod Devile 4x12

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3
im really digin the verbzillas octo setting. that settting alone makes me want it. im glad it got so many recommendations.
no sir away a papaya war is on
I use a Digitech Hardwire RV-7 (by lexicon) looks very sturdy and sounds good. It has 7 modes Room,Plate,Reverse,Modulated,Gated,Hall and Spring. It can be switch to True Bypass(has a switch in the battery compartment), comes with a rubber cover for the buttons(stomplock), a glowing sticker and a pedalboard pad. There are many youtube videos with this pedal if want to have a look. But is always best to try before you buy.
GUITARS:
Ibanez SAS36FM
Ibanez Prestige RG2550Z
Guild D-150
Gibson Les Paul Signature T VS

AMPS:
Peavey Mini Colosal
H&K Tubemeister 18

PEDALS:
Boss DD-3, NS-1, CS3, CH1, TU-3
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Vox Satchurator
Digitech RV-7
I've been happy with my Malekko Chicklet for surf and post rock stuff, the only thing that might be an issue with it is that is a quite agressive reverb. It's almost like a slapback delay, some like it some don't, it takes some getting used to. Think Dick Dales reverb tones and you're in the right zone.
My gear:
  • Fender American Standard Telecaster
  • Ibanez RG450
  • Laney VC15
  • Electro Harmonix HOG
  • Vox Satchurator
  • Blackout Effectors Musket fuzz
  • Electro Harmonix Pulsar
  • Earthquaker Devices Disaster Transport
  • Malekko Chicklett

I really enjoy my Line 6 Verbzilla. Look for a used Boss RV-3 as well...quintessential post-rock reverb...plus a delay!
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
from owning the verbzilla, i have to say that its a great pedal. i use it mostly for the shimmer/octo setting, and for it to be as good as the u2 shimmer, i need to add another reverb before the verbzilla, and the verb on my amp for it to sound like the real deal. the other verbs helped me to smooth everything out and such.

the other great setting is the cave. super long verb
Quote by the_perdestrian
need a reverb pedal.

ew. amp reverb ftw.
Quote by the_perdestrian
$150merican. post rock/surf.
Quote by lbj273
Eventide Space, I lub mine to death
Those pedals are $500..
The vebzilla is a good pedal. The reverbs sound great and the pedal is silent no hiss!
Quote by SimplyBen
Save more, get Blue Sky. doit, doitnao.

Space blows it away, trust me

Quote by BobDetroit
Those pedals are $500..

so your point is? I've owned a ton of reverb pedals from the Verbzilla to the WET Reverb and I can't recommend any pedal other than the Space now that I own one. Blows every other reverb out of the water
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Does TC Electronics make a reverb pedal? Reverb and Delay are very closely related, and their Nova Repeater is one of the versatile delays I've ever seen. Especially for the price. Normally I would look things up like this but my internet is mind-numbingly slow today for no reason..

EDIT: Although they're discontinued now, an EHX Holier Grail would be a great pedal. You should be able to find one on eBay for a decent price. They're pretty simple to use and have a few reverb types that all sound great.
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Last edited by Flux'D at Jul 29, 2011,