Page 1 of 3
I suspect that it is possible to live indefinitely. I'm also not convinced that we need food but that's not what we're here to discuss right now.

I think we die from bad lifestyle, eating the wrong things, not getting the proper amount of exercise, not having the right mindset, etc. But I think if we live to our full potential it is possible to remain healthy for possibly thousands of years or maybe even more.

I also suspect that there are many who exist who have been living for thousands of years or more. Probably not people who are in our society but certainly people who are on our planet. I would suspect most of these people live in balance with nature and not altering it like we do.

Anyone have any insight into this? (besides the obvious you're wrong of course everyone dies)
Quote by mizxou
I suspect that it is possible to live indefinitely. I'm also not convinced that we need food but that's not what we're here to discuss right now.

I think we die from bad lifestyle, eating the wrong things, not getting the proper amount of exercise, not having the right mindset, etc. But I think if we live to our full potential it is possible to remain healthy for possibly thousands of years or maybe even more.

I also suspect that there are many who exist who have been living for thousands of years or more. Probably not people who are in our society but certainly people who are on our planet. I would suspect most of these people live in balance with nature and not altering it like we do.

Anyone have any insight into this? (besides the obvious you're wrong of course everyone dies)

#DTWD
I personally don't believe in the living for thousands of years at all. Even if you look at animals. they don't alter nature, and while some of them may live a really long time, they still die.

However, i'm sure I saw an article recently where scientists were able to turn around ageing in a mouse
Wait. I saw a documentary about religions two weaks ago and they mentioned a large group of black Americans that moved back to their roots in Africa and now live in their own town. They said the exact things TS said.
But TS. You have little understanding of death.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
What you been somking brah?
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
death = illusion, everything was once one point, everything spread out, we can speculate but really its all one thing spreading out forever, all mater that is now wont increase or decrease ever, humans sure like to think, but we cant know anything beyond a given moment in 'time', I like commas.
Maybe people just die because they give in? And you can't help yourself from giving in. It's like me trying to resist a smoke. I just can't do it.
455 75 34 88

(´・ω・`)

Quote by strait jacket
Do you like being sigged or, like me do you feel strangely violated?
they found like a octupus species or some kind of sea creature that regenerates its cells and isnt affected by age, so yeah, its possible
No one on this planet has been around for 500+ years. I think your getting your information out of a fantasy novel.
lol

I like how instead of looking at what we know and drawing the most likely conclusions from it, you're making up your beliefs as if you were writing fiction.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Quote by mizxou

you just finished reading elantris by brendan sanderson didnt you?
ಠ_ಠ
the strongest thing is belief

you can have 2 people who are essentially the same who believe 2 completely different things

our population believes death happens, or the human lifespan is less than 100 years

I don't believe for sure it doesn't/isn't, but I don't believe for sure it does/is
Is this nigga serious?
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
I think some sea creatures can live for thousands of years. Not fish and the like, sponges and stuff like that.

Humans are cursed with organs. Trees don't have organs and they live for a ****ing eternity.
455 75 34 88

(´・ω・`)

Quote by strait jacket
Quote by stefanomire

nope never heard of it
Well the truth is out there! Go search for it!

Spooky Mizxou
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by mizxou
nope never heard of it

you basicly just described how the people infected would live. except they never healed.....
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by cptcomet
I think some sea creatures can live for thousands of years. Not fish and the like, sponges and stuff like that.

Humans are cursed with organs. Trees don't have organs and they live for a ****ing eternity.

humans dont live long for the exact reason we live longer than most other animals and makes us so superior. it is out curiosity that kills us
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by mizxou
the strongest thing is belief

you can have 2 people who are essentially the same who believe 2 completely different things

our population believes death happens, or the human lifespan is less than 100 years

I don't believe for sure it doesn't/isn't, but I don't believe for sure it does/is

...after millions of years of shit dying, I think it's safe to say, death happens.

Unless you think any relative/pet/friend/whoever of yours that has died is just hiding til they hit their 2000th birthday to yell "SURPRISE" at you?
As far as your consciousness is concerned, you will live forever. After you die you will have no idea it happened, your consciousness will cease to exist. You won't have memories of it happening, or remember how it happened. You will just be gone.

Then again, I'm pretty convinced we are all just a singularity, so what the hell do I know?
"Social correctness has traditionally had nothing whatever to do with reason, logic, or physics. In fact, in England it is generally considered socially incorrect to know stuff or think about things."
-Douglas Adams
Quote by Punk_Ninja
...after millions of years of shit dying, I think it's safe to say, death happens.

Unless you think any relative/pet/friend/whoever of yours that has died is just hiding til they hit their 2000th birthday to yell "SURPRISE" at you?

you're missing my point, im not saying death doesn't happen
Longevity to the point of immortality will probably one day become possible as long as the human race doesn't wipe itself out by that point. It's kind of tragic on a personal level that we won't have the means for longer and longer lives for a long time yet.

Quote by stefanomire

Brandon*
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Yes, I also like to believe in crazy ideas I made up that have no basis in fact and are not supported by any evidence.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
Quote by mizxou
evidence is overrated

So is thinking, apparently.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
Quote by mizxou
evidence is overrated

and also not necessarily actually evidence

Elaborate on this please
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Jesus rose!
455 75 34 88

(´・ω・`)

Quote by strait jacket
Quote by whalepudding
Elaborate on this please

i think what he means is something like this

milk magically turned into cheese by a witch
these days its just the natural process of it

as science evolves, so does our "laws"
evidence cant be taken for sure, because it'll most likely be disproven after a period of time
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by whalepudding
Elaborate on this please

evidence is overrated was just a joke but evidence is not actually evidence is that we accept certain things as facts and then sometimes later we learn new things and what we accepted as fact before is no longer factual

doesn't mean that everything is wrong but it means that not everything is necessarily the way society accepts that it is

edit - ninja'd while typing <3
You don't know why we die... really? have you gone through grade school?...

Allright, lets make it simple. have you ever photo-copied a paper, and it may get a long black line through it somewhere for the simple reason that no matter what the printer can't make a perfect copy. Now lets say the first paper gets lost and you need to make another copy. when you make the copy the black line will get bigger. keep doing this and eventually you will end up with a white peice of paper(it's really fun, i've tried it)

Well, thats basically what happens. Cells Do not have the ability to copy themselves perfectly no matter how hard they try(alltough they are very good at trying) and as a result become less and less efficient at doing their job(take a biology class if you dont know what a cell does).therefor with time,cells degrade and lose the ability to keep themselves alive, and you die.

This is only it in a nutshell really, you can dive into it a lot more.

But yes, technically if you could find a way to duplicate cells with 100% perfect accuracy, people would live much much longer, but not forever.
because, again with the whole perfect thing... human cells arn't even close to being perfect to start off with.

Get a religion and don't worry about it, or do some studying.

Sorry if i seem a bit blunt or assish, im a bit tired.

any questions?
Quote by Macabre Lullaby

Wait, so not only did I NOT get drunk, I also got PREGNANT and didn't even get any homosex out of it. Worst night ever.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
My girlfriend's doing a double degree in law. I think dick jokes are funny.
Page 1 of 3