Page 1 of 3
well today i found out my guitar needs its neck raised and string action lowered. for 3 and a half years i've basicly been playing on an acoustic feeling guitar playing deathmetal and deathcore!!!! i've always hated my guitar for that. i need to wait until i can get a professional to reset it to something comfortable. only pro is it's made me accurate as **** on other guitars.

anything crappy you've ever learned about yours?
ಠ_ಠ
Last edited by stefanomire at Jul 29, 2011,
The whammy detuned my entire guitar, single coils are shit for metal.
Quote by luxeion
i keep asking my dad for wood. but he keeps getting annoyed (he's working on a house). and i'm too young to go outside.

It was a bass
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Quote by StrykVladzimsky

You need to set your guitar up right and dial your amp in better.

My guitar has a trem (non-locking) and I can treat it like a floyd rose with no de-tuning.

It also has singlecoils and it gets as heavy as I ever want it. Boom.

Anyway, I'm pretty happy with my guitar, I guess the jack comes loose occasionally which is a tad annoying.
once i realized that frets don't last forever i got a little upset...
I'm a dude, he's a dude, she's a dude, we're all dudes HEY!
my lp was touched by a french man in a parisienne back alley when it was young, it doesn't seem to want to talk about it
Quote by ItsThatDude
once i realized that frets don't last forever i got a little upset...

i sad now that i know that
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by ItsThatDude

DUUDE LOOKS LIKE A LADY!

On topic;

The color. It seemed like a good idea at the time, but now... meh. (Metallic Blue)
Quote by StrykVladzimsky

A lot of staying in tune is making sure that you ALWAYS tune up. Otherwise you get extra slack behind the nut and it goes out of tune super fast, if you need to tune down, give the string a good stretch afterwards and then tune up to the note.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
That you need to change strings once in a while. I still don't hear the difference in sound but, meh. Whatever. It's the rule.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

Quote by mystical_1
That you need to change strings once in a while. I still don't hear the difference in sound but, meh. Whatever. It's the rule.

i really dont think it matters unless youre a perfectionist or youre recording or playing live
ಠ_ಠ
That I can't really use it in half of the live venues in my state due to horrible acoustics...
But also, that the 22nd fret is completely inaccessible, which is fine cos I don't use it, but just if I ever wanted to use it, it would be really uncomfortable.
i lost the locking nut on my js100, so i cant stay in tune at all.
i lubed the nut, stretch the strings out a lot, and even string it the way where it doesn't go out of tune by not allowing the string to slip. still goes out of tune at random.
my mexi strat stays in tune better.
i learned from the EG forum that my invader pickups are terrible. Sad, i thought they fine until i learned different from the internet.
Quote by zenbone
i learned from the EG forum that my invader pickups are terrible. Sad, i thought they fine until i learned different from the internet.

Aint that how it always goes though haha. You can be perfectly content with what you've got until someone tells you that you shouldn't be
Why would I learn anything crappy about my guitar, my guitar ****ing rocks

The wood the tone the finish the model the year the weight and everything..
Quote by DESTROYER5000
I learned that my guitar is made from basswood

Because that was really worth bumping a 2 year old thread now wasn't it, child?

Chances are you can't tell the difference between basswood and cardboard.
Quote by So-Cal
I learned that floyd rose trems ain't nothin' to **** with.

Amen, brother!

Quote by Ian_the_fox
Because that was really worth bumping a 2 year old thread now wasn't it, child?

Chances are you can't tell the difference between basswood and cardboard.

Hey, Ian...stfu. You're being a dick, as per usual.

Compared to some of the other threads in the Pit lately, this thread is relaxing.
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Jan 22, 2013,
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Hey, Ian...stfu. You're being a dick, as per usual.

Compared to some of the other threads in the Pit lately, this thread is relaxing.
I am a dick. I can't not be a dick.

Also the tard who bumped this is the same one behind this mess of a thread: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1583200&highlight=funniest+guitar+shop

I always find it so funny when I see kids on the Internet getting their asses trolled off.

EDIT: And lol @ n00bs who can't handle floating tremolos.
Last edited by Ian_the_fox at Jan 22, 2013,
I have a similar issue to TS.
My guitar is a Jazzmaster and it really inhibits my playing if I want to do relatively technical stuff. I'm also using 11. gauge strings which makes things hard.

However, whenever I try other peoples' guitars, it's like I'm playing with noodles.
So easy to play other guitars now
Breakfast, Breakfast, it's great for us
We eat, we eat, we eat
That frozen meat
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, it can't be beat
Quote by Ian_the_fox

Ian, I really should block you. But occasionally, you give a laugh.

Anyway, I know my floyd rose in & out. I set it to be deactivated (read: threw some quarters behind the block, so it doesn't move in both directions AND unscrewed the whammy bar) for awhile though. It annoys me sometimes. I may activate it tonight.

Quote by Crazyedd123
I have a similar issue to TS.
My guitar is a Jazzmaster and it really inhibits my playing if I want to do relatively technical stuff. I'm also using 11. gauge strings which makes things hard.

Adjust the action?
Quote by crazysam23_Atax

Adjust the action?

The bridge is desinged in such a way that if I have the action any lower than it is, then the strings will cut out because they'd be vibrating against the bridge.

I going to take the guitar to be looked at. I believe the truss rod may need to be adjusted.
Breakfast, Breakfast, it's great for us
We eat, we eat, we eat
That frozen meat
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, it can't be beat
Quote by Ian_the_fox

It was a licensed FR, I ended up blocking it.
That when i try to do divebombs with the whammy bar on my guitar,it goes out of tune.
Quote by KTFM
That I can't really use it in half of the live venues in my state due to horrible acoustics...
But also, that the 22nd fret is completely inaccessible, which is fine cos I don't use it, but just if I ever wanted to use it, it would be really uncomfortable.

uwotm8?
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
Possibly because of my guitars smaller scale, it gets some fret buzz if I put 11s on it. Methinks it's meant for higher gauges. Learned my lesson
My God, it's full of stars!
i don't have a guitar. i have two basses.

i learned that i can't play either.
I just want to know that I did all I could with what I was given.
Also, I replaced the licensed Floyd Rose on my Peavey with a Floyd Rose original. Much nicer.
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Dreadnought
Also, I replaced the licensed Floyd Rose on my Peavey with a Floyd Rose original. Much nicer.

Nicer in what way? What did you like about the FR original over the licensed FR? My guitar could probably use a replacement FR here soon (got parts with rust and wear/tear), which is why I'm asking.

Quote by Crazyedd123
The bridge is desinged in such a way that if I have the action any lower than it is, then the strings will cut out because they'd be vibrating against the bridge.

I going to take the guitar to be looked at. I believe the truss rod may need to be adjusted.

Based on the rest of what you just said, I'd say this may be it. Also, you may need to get the bridge replaced, if it's worn down at all or anything.
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Jan 23, 2013,
I build my own guitars.Nothing sucks about them because they are built to be exactly what i want.
I am not accountable for this, okay.
I learned that it's not a guitar, which is normally good, but it's bad when you need a guitar.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Page 1 of 3