Quote by Privet Tovarish
Is it possible to convert a song tab from e flat tuning to standard tuning WITHOUT having it affect open notes?

Huh? If you change the tuning, what were once open notes aren't...

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding what you mean?
That's impossible. Open notes from e-standard will be out of the fret board and will be impossible to ever play on a standard. The closest compromise I can think of (and one that I actively use on my drop b) is use a capo. Tune your guitar to e flat, then put a capo on the first fret. Boom, your guitar is in standard. Just treat every standard song as one fret down.
Quote by bcrichlover
That's impossible. Open notes from e-standard will be out of the fret board and will be impossible to ever play on a standard. The closest compromise I can think of (and one that I actively use on my drop b) is use a capo. Tune your guitar to e flat, then put a capo on the first fret. Boom, your guitar is in standard. Just treat every standard song as one fret down.

Might try this thanks
Quote by bcrichlover

Wait what?!?! Putting a capo on the first fret in e flat will put it in standard sure, but thats not what I want, I still have to put it one fret down and its the same result. I want to make it so e flat notes become standard but NOT the open notes, they disappear otherwise